Cold Cotswold wind

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Cold Cotswold wind

Post by Snail »

Had a ride to Moreton in marsh today to visit market, nice and bright with dry roads but the wind chill was bloody cold, helmet off bobble hat on!

Stopped at the Killkenny viewpoint on way home for a brew up and some mushroom savoury rice with cocktail sausages chucked in at end of boiling, field testing equipment!

Used the givi tunnel bag got it secured with a bungee onto couple of home made brackets by feet forward place, so very easy to remove when needing fuel, fitted my givi s150 plastic rack yesterday to topbox so its getting there?

Could do with some hand guards to keep wind off my fingertips but Suzuki ones are stupid money, scoot carried us up Crickely hill to birdlip ok at steady 65mph showing 6000 rpm, seems reasonable quite happy with that?

Seems strange to think winter is yet to come? Some daffodils are in bud already? Not supposed to flower till St. David's day are they?

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Re: Cold Cotswold wind

Post by Symcity »

Snail wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:48 am Could do with some hand guards to keep wind off my fingertips but Suzuki ones are stupid money
Tucano Urbano bar muffs should do the trick

riders in the storm
Benefactor
Current Ride: HondaNC750X+HondaCRF300Rally

Post by riders in the storm »

Snail wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:48 am
Stopped at the Killkenny viewpoint on way home for a brew up and some mushroom savoury rice with cocktail sausages chucked in at end of boiling, field testing equipment!

Yes, I need to find a small cooker/stove thingy, ideally that runs on the CP250 cartridge, to go under the seat or in the top box, for some of the summer jaunts I have booked.....!

I've got a couple of small flasks to take with me, but even a brew made fresh on a stove is better than from a flask, and I'd like to be able to make a sausage butty as well....!
HondaCRF300Rally, Honda NC750X

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Post by Snail »

Look on eBay for a small cooker, Pikey told me about them, made in China for less than a tenner, square and red in colour works fine about 4 inches cubed in a storage bag and with spark ignition, got mine from a UK supplier, also have a trangia meths burner as back up, it's nice to stop and have a brew up, it forces you to rest a while, in a scenic spot without a cafe brill!

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

Next time we meet, I'll bring my Oxford muffs for you to try.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Symcity wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:04 am
Snail wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:48 am Could do with some hand guards to keep wind off my fingertips but Suzuki ones are stupid money
Tucano Urbano bar muffs should do the trick
Absolutely! Very odd weather - even in cold NE, some bulbs are coming out, even some Gorse in flower! Yet probably will be some bad weather in Feb.

Bern

Post by Bern »

Snail wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:48 am Could do with some hand guards to keep wind off my fingertips
Barkbuster Blizzards are the way to go bud, put them on the Virago & another pair on Lyn's Forza, bloody brilliant bit of kit

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

I was in Weston today and it was beautiful, there was warmth in the sun.

Bern

Post by Bern »

Meldrew wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:41 pm Hi bud, I tried Barkbuster Blizzards on my Silver Wing and as good as they are, I just didn't like them and took them off after a short while. I don't want to put them on my Forza either as I have a set of of Puig clear plastic hand guards that'll go on when I change the OE screen.
Hi bud, didn't try them on the Silverwing, the 'ears' on the givi screen seemed to keep most of the rain & wind deflected from my hands. If you're wanting to sell your pair I could well be interested in buying them thumb.gif

Bern

Post by Bern »

rayb wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:11 pm I was in Weston today and it was beautiful, there was warmth in the sun.
You should have called in for a cuppa bud