Sym spares

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Drago
Benefactor
Current Ride: SYM Mask 125

Re: Sym spares

Post by Drago »

I'm currently waiting for a part for my Joymax. My dealers trying their best but the importer, motogb is useless! Even my dealers getting frustrated. Problem is Moto GB import several brands. SYM, Daelim, Hyosung, Benelli, Royalloy, keeway to name a few! How they can deal with so many brands clearly shows... They can't and don't really give a toss either. SYM are generally a good reliable brand. But with an importer who doesn't give a f**K. They have little hope of success. If they got an importer that really put some effort into the brand they'll be laughing but at present the importer is screwing them over. Looking at SYM's international site they produce many interesting models as well that simply aren't imported here.
Current rides

SYM Joymax Z+ 300 2022+
SYM Mask 125 2019-

Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Post by Maxsymuppet »

How long have you been waiting Drago? I've been waiting since the middle of December.

I see Sym UK have moved to Chorley. I don't remember where they were before. Does this mean there is a different importer or just that the same importer has moved? I see it's still Moto GB, so maybe it's the latter. If it is the former I would have hoped for an improvement. Maybe the problem is not with the importers but with Sym themselves. Perhaps they take the attitude that as we in the UK don't buy nearly as many bikes as say France or Italy then 'F*** 'em.'

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Drago wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:32 pm I'm currently waiting for a part for my Joymax. My dealers trying their best but the importer, motogb is useless! Even my dealers getting frustrated. Problem is Moto GB import several brands. SYM, Daelim, Hyosung, Benelli, Royalloy, keeway to name a few! How they can deal with so many brands clearly shows... They can't and don't really give a toss either. SYM are generally a good reliable brand. But with an importer who doesn't give a f**K. They have little hope of success. If they got an importer that really put some effort into the brand they'll be laughing but at present the importer is screwing them over. Looking at SYM's international site they produce many interesting models as well that simply aren't imported here.
Moto GB have been known for some time as 'crate sellers', not 'bike sellers'. They want to move new machines out and everything else comes a sorryfull second. Saying that a mate has had parts for his R/E sorted so maybe its the Asian machines that suffer for parts.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Drago
Benefactor
Current Ride: SYM Mask 125

Post by Drago »

horobags wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:59 am
Moto GB have been known for some time as 'crate sellers', not 'bike sellers'. They want to move new machines out and everything else comes a sorryfull second. Saying that a mate has had parts for his R/E sorted so maybe its the Asian machines that suffer for parts.
Sounds right. When I ordered my Joymax, it took a week to arrive. No issues with 'normal consumables' - belts, plugs, air filters etc either. But if something else goes wrong - wheel damage (happened to my symphony last year. Had to wait nearly 2 months for one to come in from Taiwan! :evil: Bloody pot holes!). Or a sensor packs up which is my Joymax's current issue . You're left waiting (nearly a month now). Though I did have to get a new ignition fitted to the sympohny under warranty, that took a few days to arrive?!

It really is infuriating, i'd just wish SYM would ditch motgb. The issue with SYM in the past wise is maxsymuppet was poor image. Before 2008 they were seen as 'cheap chinese shite' by many, that includes this site as well. Seriosuly come on here pre 2008 and say you're thinking of getting an SYM and you'd be almost universally be told/advised to avoid the chinese and go Italian/japanese. Despite the fact SYM are Taiwanese and worked with Honda for decades...
Current rides

SYM Joymax Z+ 300 2022+
SYM Mask 125 2019-

horobags
Benefactor

Post by horobags »

To be honest if there was a good dealer near me and the spares wasn;t a problem I'd have considered a joymax for sure, love the look of them.

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

I am up to 8500km on my Cruisym300. I went to the dealer to price up a couple of parts. Air filter was twenty pounds. EBay seller was same price. Drive belt was one hundred and thirty pounds. Both were in stock(I got the air filter). I don't know about other parts but it looks promising. This a Moto GB dealer I bought the bike from based in Rochdale Lancs.

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

I like the look of the cruisym as my local now sells syms but i have messaged them (Sym) loads both direct and facebook regarding the availability of the new tl500 but never get a response yet they post pics pretty much daily of all their scoots so basically being ignored which is pissing me off no end, great scoots but shite communication puts me off owning one as if they cannot be arsed to respond to a potential customer then what would they be like once i bought one? My local dealer is great but he can only do something if they get back to him, really annoying.
Dezzie

horobags
Benefactor

Post by horobags »

The SYM range has some really nice scoots, they are also very reliable. I'm sure most consumables are easy to source, but body parts, electrical components, ect would worry me as to waiting for stock. Even the Jap scoots have parts on back order sometimes, most Honda parts come over from Belgium. Vespa can also keep you waiting for parts, its a shame that this can sway you away from buying a scooter, and it does for me.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

bikerdezzie wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:50 pm I like the look of the cruisym as my local now sells syms but i have messaged them (Sym) loads both direct and facebook regarding the availability of the new tl500 but never get a response yet they post pics pretty much daily of all their scoots so basically being ignored which is pissing me off no end, great scoots but shite communication puts me off owning one as if they cannot be arsed to respond to a potential customer then what would they be like once i bought one? My local dealer is great but he can only do something if they get back to him, really annoying.
Try Kymco their response is none existent as well.

I asked which dealers near me would back up their pledge and named the local ones they boast as agents saying they try to sell you one of the big 4 instead and are dropping the brand.

Still waiting for a response

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

I used compatible oil and air filters on my Sym Citycom manufactured by Hiflo - replacement belt rollers and sliders were bought from www.makinaparts.com who delivered within a week