Stolen TMax

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Re: Stolen TMax

Post by horobags »

sorry to here this, its gut wrenching, I hope you get a speedy repair.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Well....not a good start to the weekend! Still, its great that all the tech. on the DX, including the tracker, actually works!!! It is good news that it has been recovered. Of course, the down side of the tech is that if they have broken the steering lock, then they could well have created havoc with the electronics, which will be pricey, though that's what insurance companies are there for.
I should try and extract it from the recovery place ASAP, as the storage fees they charge are ludicrous and it all inflates the cost of your claim.
A major pain in the but, but I guess it could be worse.

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

rayb wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:16 am
Bern wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:15 am icon_angry_3.gif cut their hands off I say icon_angry_3.gif
They can't sew mailbags without hands. Cut off their feet instead.
Cut off their penis. Let's stop them breeding first.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Alanzzg
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing

Post by Alanzzg »

muddyfox wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:16 am
rayb wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:16 am
Bern wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:15 am icon_angry_3.gif cut their hands off I say icon_angry_3.gif
They can't sew mailbags without hands. Cut off their feet instead.

Cut off their penis. Let's stop them breeding first.
icon_thumbs_up.gif icon_shoot2.gif
Member of The Ugly Bunch -2
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly,

Deleted User 7142

Post by Deleted User 7142 »

Really sorry to hear this,i hope the bike is not too badly damaged.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Gutted to hear this.

Whilst it's great slags got nicked (Lithuanian perchance?) this brings me to the down side of trackers as I'm not sure I want the bike back & your NCD is tarnished despite you making the effort to prevent such (hopefully you've protected NCD)

All credit to the old bill for a change

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Max was found about 30/40 minutes after the tracker alert was activated,about a mile from my gaff,also found two other stolen bikes and an angle grinder,police have been round for a statement and i have given vodaphone tracker permission to let the police have any route details from their tracker programme....

Insurance broker informed(Carole Nash)but the insurance company also need to speak to me as well and they dont work on a Saturday so thats a job for Monday,also need to go to the recovery yard to see if its trashed,then CN will move it out to one of their locations,if its minor damage it’ll be assessed then i guess moved on to one of CN’s approved repair workshops.....so no work for me on Monday.......my NCB are protected,but my premium will go up i guess,kinda unsure if i wish it to be trashed or repairable....

I’ve took the precaution of putting a second lock & chain on the Honda rear wheel + a disc lock on the front wheel.....

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Stephen wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:35 am kinda unsure if i wish it to be trashed or repairable....

Well, obviously depends on the actual damage, but (as far as we know) it hasn't been seriously damaged in an accident or anything like that. They obviously weren't joyriders, so it sounds like they were stealing to order for resale (either in bits or a whole). In which case, they might have been relatively careful not to trash too much as it would affect the resale value - eg we all know how expensive plastic panels are and how much of a market there might be for ones at less than dealer prices!
What this is leading up to is that IMHO it should be repairable (probably easily, but possibly expensively) and this would be the best option for you as you'd end up back where you were yesterday (apart from that sense of paranoia...). If it was written off, then you know they'd only give you so much for it, and you'd have to stump up more money to find a suitable replacement.

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Stephen wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:50 pm
The cover on my other bike had been moved,as i could now see the registration number,so it makes me think it wasn’t random,but targeted.......

Steve
I kinda know as it was targeted you are indeed correct in what you say,they would want to keep the scooter as undamaged as possible,the Tmax being keyless they couldn’t change ignition barrells,so would of possibly stripped it and would be seen on various auction sites bit by bit.......as you say paranoia is rearing its ugly head for the welfare of the Honda and the Tmax when repaired,will the scumbags make a return visit :shock:

Beer & chocolate tonight while watching the rugby to console myself

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

If they've been arrested hopefully they wont be back.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.