Stolen TMax

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Re: Stolen TMax

Post by Maxsymuppet »

It had a thick Oxford chain on it as well. I there any hope for any of us? Overnight and when at work (high risk as several bikes have 'gone walkies' from there, including my last Maxsym last July) I put TWO thick chains secured by chunky padlocks on it, one attached to a thick metal bar and the other through the back wheel. Plus an Oxford disc lock. Takes me five minutes plus to put them on and take them off again but we all have to put ourselves out these days, if only to reduce the chances. Mind you, despite the number of bikes that have gone missing from work in the past year or so, out of the six bikes parked near mine only two were locked up. They're just asking for it. But at least it makes mine less attractive.

I have seen a lot of this in my travels. Bikes of all descriptions just sitting there unlocked. They may as well put a neon sign on it saying 'Please steal me.' Still, it's their lookout. One day they will find an empty space where their bike used to be.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

This leads me to another thought - the mk6 Tmax has a centrestand lock which I tend to rely on, as it would make it really hard for someone to drag the bike away - they'd need to physically lift it, which would be impossible for one person and difficult for 2.
However, in Stephen's case, I presume that his stand was locked, yet they managed to shift it, suggesting that they had serious numbers of people involved - unless they were able to disable the electronic locking systems.

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

MrGrumpy wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:00 pm
Stephen wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:14 pm

I am in Northampton,Little Billing ,new build and pleasant nieghbours who are shocked at what has gone on,its back to what i’ve previously said, me and Max have been spotted,followed and targeted,they left my ADV & my nieghbours VFR alone
Hmmm...far from the War Zone! I live in not a dissimilar sort of place myself, with normally extremely low burglary rate - famous last words.....
I think the whole of the UK is a ''war zone'' now. Plod are thin on the ground and the scrotes know it. Deterrents are minimal and sentences brief or none custodial. They say crime doesn't pay but it patently does. I think it starts with young scrotes wandering around estates committing low level petty crime, vandalism and such, these wankers are rarely caught and if they are a slap on the wrist is all they get. They progress to heavier crime imho as they are never stopped and given a right good bollocking by the Rozzers or their parents. In my world the jails would be overflowing, bollocks to human rights, games, drugs, phones etc. in prison. It just would not happen if I got my way. Rant over......

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Sentences under 12 months are all non custodial in Scotland

wobbleabit
Current Ride: yamaha x city 250

Post by wobbleabit »

smeghead wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:32 am
MrGrumpy wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:00 pm
Stephen wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:14 pm

I am in Northampton,Little Billing ,new build and pleasant nieghbours who are shocked at what has gone on,its back to what i’ve previously said, me and Max have been spotted,followed and targeted,they left my ADV & my nieghbours VFR alone
Hmmm...far from the War Zone! I live in not a dissimilar sort of place myself, with normally extremely low burglary rate - famous last words.....
I think the whole of the UK is a ''war zone'' now. Plod are thin on the ground and the scrotes know it. Deterrents are minimal and sentences brief or none custodial. They say crime doesn't pay but it patently does. I think it starts with young scrotes wandering around estates committing low level petty crime, vandalism and such, these wankers are rarely caught and if they are a slap on the wrist is all they get. They progress to heavier crime imho as they are never stopped and given a right good bollocking by the Rozzers or their parents. In my world the jails would be overflowing, bollocks to human rights, games, drugs, phones etc. in prison. It just would not happen if I got my way. Rant over......
totally agree with above, prison is a soft touch and definately not a deterrant, and bring back the bobby on the beat who could give a bollocking without fear of upsetting the human rights (for perpetrators) brigade

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

Here they don`t seem to bother taking them to court even if they catch them, its an odd going on.

Lots of speed vans about though especially on the biker evenings.

I still think the £150 quid sweetener the police get when the found bikes go to the private pounds is an incentive to keep the robbers on the go.

Here they steal them, dump them, then they are found and sent to the private holder and quids in for them and the police, expect for the poor owners.

And we all pay for that in our ins etc.

I don`t think the soaps offerring of anyone calling the plolice and accussing anyone of any old thing and within an hour or so two policeman show up is very realistic these days.

Saying that I did see a police van drive through the village the other day.

Months since I last did.

Mind you they did give that old lady cooking grass cakes for her old friends who suffer from arhtritis a good sorting out a while back.

I think I may be coming over all cynical here possibly.

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Well what a nightmare with the insurance company i’ve had when trying to get the TMax repaired,i reported the theft to the brokers who in turn informed me i also need to go through the same procedure with the actual Insurance Company,the insurance company then asked me why the scooter was’nt parked in a brick built garage at my address,i then explained i never declared it to be kept in a brick built garage,i have always told the brokers,its parked in a communal bike shed in a communal car park,the insurance company refused point blank to have any more to do with me or my claim and suggested i go back to the brokers.So back to Carole Nash i went,who looked at my details and said it says a garage on the details,i explained to them i do not know where that “Garage” has come from,CN then said we need to back and listen to the recordings,as their policy is to record all calls,so i gave them a couple of days to dig the recordings out and back on the phone i get,i am put through to customer services this time,the transcripts of the telephone calls do indeed reveal i said communal bike shed in car park,so now CN are in a panic and go back to the insurance company who did’nt want to know,infact they revoked the insurance for both my machines.Many phone calls later,with a reasonably sensible customer services guy,i have been asked to get my Tmax in to a Yamaha dealer for a repairs estimate,the complaint has gone up to Director level at the brokers and a huge chunk of my insurance premium returned,they have also sorted out insurance for both bikes with the correct details.I pulled the scooter out of the recovery garage upon CN’s request as the charges are obscene,that money will be refunded to me,for the time being i have rented secure storage at a pucker storage yard not far from me,its not the ideal situation,but when the Tmax comes back from the menders,the scumbag society are almost certain to have another go,so sadly being a desirable machine for scooter thieves Max will probably have to go.

No doubt updates to follow

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Phew! Insurance companies...any reason to refuse a claim. I suspect that at some stage there is a set of tick boxes for where a bike is stored - eg Garage, Drive, or Road, and 'communal bike shed in car park' doesn't fit any of them, but 'garage' is closest. My mk3 is in the back garden, but that doesn't seem one of the tick box options either - it is normally referred to as 'Driveway'.

Deleted User 7142

Post by Deleted User 7142 »

Thank God for recorded calls or it would of been your word against theres.
Thankfully they seem to be dealing with it now.
Its always said that none of us know how good our insurance is until we have to actually use it.

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

My mobile phone enables me to record phone calls, so when ever I have any dealings with companies I record the conversation, it has got me out of a bind on a couple of occasions.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...