Hello

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
Crabbers
Current Ride: Helix 250

Hello

Post by Crabbers »

Hi,
I’m Phil, from Somerset.
Just bought 2 Honda Helix 250’s in a job lot to do up, I have always wanted a big twist & go so jumped on these when they came up for sale at a bargain price.
Already got them both running & have decided to strip them both & make 1 good bike & have a huge pile of spares. First bike is 90% stripped & will be going off for powder coating soon!

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Re: Hello

Post by Waldorf »

Hello, Phil, and welcome! :)
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Hello
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

Welcome Phil. Pikey just sold a couple, I wonder if they were his?

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

rayb wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:53 am Welcome Phil. Pikey just sold a couple, I wonder if they were his?
Just heard from Pikey, currently touring Cornwall on his Bergman. They are his old Helixes. Small world.

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Welcome Crabbers. Good to hear Pikeys Helix's have found a good home. Please keep us updated with your progress. We love photos on here as well.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Deleted User 7142

Post by Deleted User 7142 »

Welcome to the forum.

Whatsisname
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K5

Post by Whatsisname »

Hello! If you reassemble the "spare" one, there might be another newbie from Cheshire ready to buy it! :D
I wake up every morning with a smile upon my face,
My natural exuberance spills out all over the place!

Crabbers
Current Ride: Helix 250

Post by Crabbers »

Thanks for the welcome.
I kind of stumbled across Maxi-muppets as I was searching for more information on Honda Helixes, but now that I've had a browse I have realised that Pikey & his bikes have been part of the forum for a while.
It seems fitting to carry on where he left off, so I will start a new thread to cover the restoration of the first bike.
I plan to use all the best bits of the 2 bikes (both of which have faults) to make one really nice bike. I'm not sure if there will be enough good bits to get the second bike fully road worthy, so I will make a decision on what to do once I know what's what.
Everything will be documented on the thread, which I hope will be useful/entertaining.

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Crabbers wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:41 pm Thanks for the welcome.
I kind of stumbled across Maxi-muppets as I was searching for more information on Honda Helixes, but now that I've had a browse I have realised that Pikey & his bikes have been part of the forum for a while.
It seems fitting to carry on where he left off, so I will start a new thread to cover the restoration of the first bike.
I plan to use all the best bits of the 2 bikes (both of which have faults) to make one really nice bike. I'm not sure if there will be enough good bits to get the second bike fully road worthy, so I will make a decision on what to do once I know what's what.
Everything will be documented on the thread, which I hope will be useful/entertaining.
That's great news Crabbers. As is often said on this forum "Don't tell Pikey"
Pikey is now under the name of "Has been maxi tours" on this forum if you need to make contact with him. Another member who has refurbished a Helix is Jimo.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe