Vespa GTS 300 HPE SuperTech

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Vespa GTS 300 HPE SuperTech

Post by Data »

Well (I know, not a great way to start a sentence), I've just been to my local Vespa dealers to pick up some service parts and I have to say I was incredibly impressed with the new GTS300 HPE SuperTech. It looked gorgeous in a lovely shiny grey colour. It really stood out from the rest of the Vespa's on display.

I haven't had a ride on one yet, but they do seem to go much better than any other Vespa I know of, excluding tuned bikes. 23.8hp and an extra 18%more torque can't be bad.

Will I get one? Probably not, as my own 2016 GTS is running so nicely and I have plans for it!

Here's an interesting link for anyone who is interested.

Cycle world review of Vespa HPE's
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Vespa GTS 300 HPE SuperTech

Post by MrGrumpy »

Coincidentally, just read a review of these in On2Wheels. Very nice (and Piaggio do do nice bold colours), but 23.8bhp isn't going to pull up any trees, and still no room for a full face lid!

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

I had a ride of the guys who runs my local vespa dealer, not the flashy dash version, gutted i hated the ride position it just felt alien to me, wanted a gts 300 for years too, the new top end version looks stunning as well!
Dezzie

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Just sold my Gt 200 so light compared to Burgman 400 .I was selling spares repairs but local guy wanted to ride it away .Did get running and fresh fuel and few times around the block it came back to life .I was hoping wouldn't come in the end as bit more work could have got it ready for MOT.I'd still like a 300 only actually 80cc more than the 200 but injection makes big difference.

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

I used to be the First Aider at school and when asked what was wrong, the kids always started with "Well." Invariably with an elongated vowel. So as soon as they got the word Well out, I'd quickly reply "If you're well you can clear off!"

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Ray, usually when the kids responded with a "Well" at the start of a sentence it usually meant they had been rather naughty! :lol:

Thanks to the mod that moved my post from the Burgman section. Much appreciated.

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

MrGrumpy wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:26 am Coincidentally, just read a review of these in On2Wheels. Very nice (and Piaggio do do nice bold colours), but 23.8bhp isn't going to pull up any trees, and still no room for a full face lid!
Grumpy, you really should go out on one. You will get the surprise of your life. Handling and power is amazing. My 22hp version is very nippy indeed with plenty of torque. It's a real surprise for folks that don't know the GTS300. There's a nice push in the back as you open the throttle, and it always surprises folks. So I'd imagine the HPE engine is going to be a real treat. It's the torque that's going to do it. I'm used to riding bikes with 106hp+ most of the time yet the Vespa beats them all for normal running about. Go for a spin and tell me you are not impressed! ;)

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Data wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:46 am Thanks to the mod that moved my post from the Burgman section. Much appreciated.
We try to help. ;)

Bombus Terrestris
Current Ride: Forza 300-Pcx125-Liberty125D

Post by Bombus Terrestris »

They look well, and go well by all accounts. But a 7 litre tank!--- 136 miles to a tankfull, that is just not really enough, surely. B

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

..and for people like me with a heavy right hand, it'd probably be far worse than that. AND of that 7 ltrs I guess the reserve might account for 2. Unless it really is super economical, I'd guess I'd only get 80mpg (I got low 70s out of the Bev 350), which means under 90 miles to indicated empty!