Tmax's

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
WillowCat
Current Ride: Tmax Mk6

Tmax's

Post by WillowCat »

Hello, first post from me :-)

I've currently got two Tmax's, a Mk1 I've owned for nearly fifteen years, and a Mk6 I picked up yesterday.

When did it get taller and fatter? Was it with this model, or was it an earlier design change? I'm struggling a bit getting my leg over (ooh-err) the tunnel, though half the problem is probably me being a fat girl. Just wondering whether I should have picked up a Mk4 instead. New bike is very sophisticated though, and handles completely different to my Mk1. I feel like I'm cheating on my old bike having parked them side by side.

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Re: Tmax's

Post by muddyfox »

Welcome. A certain Mr Grumpy is very knowledgeable about the T Max range and will enlighten you.
They must be good even a Mr Rossi has one.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

WillowCat wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:22 pm Hello, first post from me :-)

I've currently got two Tmax's, a Mk1 I've owned for nearly fifteen years, and a Mk6 I picked up yesterday.

When did it get taller and fatter? Was it with this model, or was it an earlier design change? I'm struggling a bit getting my leg over (ooh-err) the tunnel, though half the problem is probably me being a fat girl. Just wondering whether I should have picked up a Mk4 instead. New bike is very sophisticated though, and handles completely different to my Mk1. I feel like I'm cheating on my old bike having parked them side by side.
The MK1 & MK2 followed the same lines, the MK3 started putting on girth, then MK4 and up the tunnel got higher.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

WillowCat
Current Ride: Tmax Mk6

Post by WillowCat »

Funkycowie wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:20 am
The MK1 & MK2 followed the same lines, the MK3 started putting on girth, then MK4 and up the tunnel got higher.
Thank you. That's put my mind at rest a bit - so I'd have to go to a very old bike to have the lower tunnel.