XMAX 300 query

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Re: XMAX 300 query

Post by capitano »

Sorry if I sound ungrateful on this. I do appreciate suggestions, but I have a particular need as regards seating position that isn't, well, normal. :lol:

Hence anyone else's perfectly valid view on comfort doesn't really apply.

Thanks all. 8-)

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

Meldrew wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:22 am What about the seat on the new 125 or 300 then? I didn't like the seat height or the hard brick like backrest of the XMax 300 at all. In contrast I find the seat on my Forza very comfortable, the seat height fine, and feet flat down is the new feet forward.
I haven't checked out the Forza nor the SH300, Meldrew, no.

The main reason being a lack of Honda dealers anywhere close that I would set foot in.

The nearest one to me is 25 miles away, and I wouldn't buy a bike from them. The nearest one I'd trust is Dobles, and they are 45 miles away. If I'm going to buy a scooter I'd like to do so from a local, trusted, dealer. Within a 10 mile radius (admittedly half of that circle is sea, but ...) we have main dealers I'd trust for:-

- Kawasaki
- Suzuki
- Yamaha
- Sinnis
- Peugeot
- Lexmoto/Neco/ other Chinese
- BMW

... but not Honda. Shame again, I like the Honda range of scooters, and lack of feet-forward doesn't bother me. In fact riding in a feet-forward position could well be bad for me.

8-)

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

Hi Ya cap.Worst seat I have under my arse was a Honda sh300i,short way to box hill,had to stop,when that got stolen I bought my [2nd] sh125i,went the long way to box hill,and kept going.3rd and 4th sh 125 is great to.
Honda vision 110 that's very good [as is the scoot]brilliant seat,
Suzuki address 110 is very good,and is the Honda sh 125i mode,[not ridden 1 yet]why,i think its because the seats are flat,and my feet[size 11] are flat too.Or is it I am just weied..????
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Ged, would a airhawk cover improve things???? they are a great piece of kit, but not cheap.
Is it just me or an ageing thing, something Im noticing I do a lot nowerdays is when getting on the bike I have to do a ball rearrangement , otherwise I find myself sitting on me knackers!!
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

I was thinking that I brought a Just sit gel pad sure you could have that custom altered and once straps are on seat just holds on with Velcro.

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

horobags wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:33 pm Ged, would a airhawk cover improve things???? they are a great piece of kit, but not cheap.
Is it just me or an ageing thing, something Im noticing I do a lot nowerdays is when getting on the bike I have to do a ball rearrangement , otherwise I find myself sitting on me knackers!!
Definitely, horobags - it's an ageing thing. I can sit on me plumbs, just dropping onto a kitchen chair! :D

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

horobags wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:33 pm Ged, would a airhawk cover improve things???? they are a great piece of kit, but not cheap.
:lol: :lol: :lol: It's probably just you! Actually it isn't. I've had to do that for years now, even in the van and Mrs Capitano's car ... much to her annoyance.. :lol:

I tried an Airhawk. I like their business model a lot. Try it, and if it doesn't work, return it for a refund ... which is sadly what I had to do.

I've modified the seats on both my Cub and my W800 with inserted sections of memory foam with a perineum-friendly gap cut in. This is after lots of trial and error using memory foam pads, before I took knives to the seats.

On the Cub, it has pretty much been 100% successful. On the W, probably 80% successful, and to be honest, without mods that would alter the character of the bike, that's as good as I'm going to get.

In reality it's bought me some time to find the right scooter I can ride as stock. If I have to start modifying seats on a new bike ... it's the wrong bike. :D

Comfort is secondary to the seat not causing me harm in an area that is always going to be vulnerable now, post surgery. Richie's right in that flat seats are probably what I'm looking for. I have to sit on my sit bones and not have pressure on my perineum. Hence, what is a comfortable seat for normal folks could be positively harmful for me.

The criteria is quite simple:

1. Sub 200kg, 250- 300cc

2. Local main dealer that I trust

3. Seating position with a decent perineum gap as stock without modification

From my trips round said local dealers so far I've found several that meet (2) & (3) but nothing that satisfies all 3 yet.

I hoped that the X-Max 300 would. It didn't.

The search continues. 8-)

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

This was during one of the many trial& error phases, post-Airhawk trials.

A similar pad is now inserted within the seat. 8-)

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

My mates just bought an inflatable camping pillow, tiny bit of air in and some straps to hold it in place on his x adv and loved it, cheap fix for under a fiver.
Dezzie

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

bikerdezzie wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:26 pm My mates just bought an inflatable camping pillow, tiny bit of air in and some straps to hold it in place on his x adv and loved it, cheap fix for under a fiver.
Exactly what I use. Decathlon own brand camping pillow. Surprised how little inflation required for all day comfort.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe