Xmax 300 owner with a problem

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
Frozenwave

Xmax 300 owner with a problem

Post by Frozenwave »

Hello everyone, I have jut registered and have restrictions in the other subs. I have xmax 2019 300 cc bought it brand new, almost immediately i start to hear some weird noise (like two gear wheel when on car you don't press clutch all the way) when Im driving with second person. When im alone no sound, only in 2 persons at around 3500-4500 rpm and 40-60 kmph speed with very little gas open, I was first thinking its the registration plates but when I removed them had the same issue. I went to yamaha service and drove with mechanic, he told me its not mechanical, only loose plastic or screw and he will fix it at 1000 km service, im little bit skeptic about it. did anyone else have the same problem and how did he fix it?

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Re: Xmax 300 owner with a problem

Post by Symcity »

I wouldn’t be too worried about this - give yamaha service the opportunity to diagnose what you think is abnormal

Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Post by Ralph »

Have look under the back of the scooter were the rear wheel is, any sign that the wheel
is touching under the seat/mudguard?
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

Frozenwave

Post by Frozenwave »

Hi Ralph,
yes I have checked underneath, no marks on mudguard, plastics under seat or tyre. To be honest to me it sound more like metal noise than plastic. Even even though I have hear noise before I got registration plates, tomorrow I will remove reg. plate and holder to see if that will make any difference.

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

Its possible that a flexible pipe is deflecting just enough to rub on a wheel. Check your brake pipes very carefully because riding in that condition could be dangerous.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Go back and tell the Yamaha mechanic who rode it that someone on the internet who has never seen it says its dangerous .

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Frozenwave

Post by Frozenwave »

roadster wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:20 am Its possible that a flexible pipe is deflecting just enough to rub on a wheel. Check your brake pipes very carefully because riding in that condition could be dangerous.
I checked, there isn't any visible damage or sign of contact, break pipe is secured 10 cm away from the wheel and it doesn't overlap wheel so it couldn't be that either. I was curios is it only me or other had same problem, because I have ask a couple of friends who has XMAX 300 and they both had same issue but they say the noise doesn't bother them too much (and me personally drive me crazy). Sorry for my bad English btw.

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Just looked at mine, is there any chance it could be that little flap
just in front of the wheel maybe touching the wheel when you are 2 up?
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

Frozenwave

Post by Frozenwave »

Ralph wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:45 pm Just looked at mine, is there any chance it could be that little flap
just in front of the wheel maybe touching the wheel when you are 2 up?
Dont think so, plus I only hear it at specific speed 50-60 km/h at 10 % gas (or when I releasing and turning gas) between 3500-4500 rpm. So either its mechanical or vibration noise.

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Wont be two up but will have a listen at those revs to mine when I am out later,
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif