The end of the road

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
basil 69
Benefactor
Current Ride: Maxisym 600i

Re: The end of the road

Post by basil 69 »

Hi Rich
Sorry to here about your shoulder injury and that you have decided to give up two wheels as a means of transport, but I understand your reasoning and at the end of the day your health has to come first. However this doesn't mean you still can't come to meets at the Raven when we have them if you have four wheels instead of two for transport. Hope you get better soon.
Ray

Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Post by Maxsymuppet »

Thanks Ray, and to all who wish me well with my plight and my decision.

Even though I will have four wheels rather than two I will check out this site every so often, and if there is a meeting at the Raven or anywhere else local I will come along to see you all.

Aaron
Current Ride: Yamaha Tmax Tech Max 2022

Post by Aaron »

That's a shame to end your scooter ownership.

My first thought after reading your post, was to just get a lighter one.

The difference between pushing my wife's "Suzuki Burgman 200" and my "Tmax" around, is like day and night. When I wash our scooters, my Tmax is heavy to move around the back yard, but the Burgman 200 is really really easy to manage.

Ill be in Bali for a holiday in a couple of weeks time. There I will rent a Honda 125cc step though scoot. They are fun. They are superlight, and still quite fast. I enjoy riding them when I go over there.

Aaron

Alanzzg
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing

Post by Alanzzg »

basil 69 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:42 pm Hi Rich
Sorry to here about your shoulder injury and that you have decided to give up two wheels as a means of transport, but I understand your reasoning and at the end of the day your health has to come first. However this doesn't mean you still can't come to meets at the Raven when we have them if you have four wheels instead of two for transport. Hope you get better soon.
Ray
Hi Rich. The same from me .
Member of The Ugly Bunch -2
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly,

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

So that's sorted are you listing the Maxsym on here for sale at special Muppet only price ;) ;)

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Sorry to hear of this Maxsymuppet. I think many of us sympathise with your plight. Good luck for the future...and remember, have fun however you can!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Maxsymuppet

Post by Maxsymuppet »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:03 am So that's sorted are you listing the Maxsym on here for sale at special Muppet only price ;) ;)
It will be for sale but not yet. Once I have got myself a car. But I am selling my Givi panniers. If anyone is interested see the for sale section.

Maxsymuppet

Post by Maxsymuppet »

Data wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:24 am Sorry to hear of this Maxsymuppet. I think many of us sympathise with your plight. Good luck for the future...and remember, have fun however you can!
Thanks Data and to all. No doubt I will be seeing some of you at the Raven or anywhere else local.

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Hope it all goes well .I'll look at Panniers advert got a lot planned for next year already .

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

Feel for ya...
And yep dislocated shoulder is bloody painfull.
You need to do whats right for you, and it sounds like its a considered approach...
Just never say never..
That 'lil 125 that gets you out for an hour or so in the sun could be on the cards on a summer or two's time... Or not
Enjoy what you need...