Honda Helix for sale

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
orange1290
Current Ride: XMAX 300

Re: Honda Helix for sale

Post by orange1290 »

and what's grinding certain posters on here is that I bought 2 H1s for less than the price of 2 Helixs (Helixi?), basically around £800 each (and in excellent condition) in 1999 when no one wanted them. Where I come from, making a good/successful decision is congratulated but (and I used to live in the UK) there are so many who hate other people success, no matter how small, jealousy by the bucket load. Fortunately it's only a small core of idiots who have this mentality and they think they can hide it but it eventually gets exposed.
2017 XMAX 300
2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure T
1974 Kawasaki H1E
1972 Kawasaki H1B

orange1290

Post by orange1290 »

Well, many comment on these bikes without having ever owned or ridden one. With modern tyres, brake pads, brake shoes and suspension (yes you can get original looking shocks with modern internals, they handle perfectly ok and aren't 'lethal' as many who've no experience with them shout in their local pubs. Sure they have limits like all bikes but as any experienced rider will know that. Also, what's it got to do with 'reliving lost youth'? Yet more supposition from someone who is obviously clueless on these bikes and using emotionally word to cover up for a lack of anything valid to contribute to the discussion. I've got an XMAX 300, a 1290 SA and a couple of nice classics. Why people get upset with that and start to insult the people who have them is pure jealousy. Most people would say, how interesting they are even if they've got no experience with them. Instead there are a few miserable and jealous people like yourself who can't stand others when they've made an effort to do something different.
2017 XMAX 300
1974 Kawasaki H1E
1972 Kawasaki H1B

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

I think your exposing more about yourself than us .

orange1290

Post by orange1290 »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:19 am I think your exposing more about yourself than us .
What am I exposing?? I posted that I had a couple of classic bikes. That resulted in insults and derision coming my way. Sorry but you're well out of order and you know it. You simply can't take what you give out, so what has that exposed? No more comments from me as it seems that a minority on here have some issues with others enjoying their pastimes.
2017 XMAX 300
1974 Kawasaki H1E
1972 Kawasaki H1B

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

I sold my Suzuki GT500 for £150 in the 90`s.

Very nice order etc, thats what I paid for it, I was chuffed to get that back a year later.

If I had those two bikes worth £18K in my garage I would sell them and give the money to the children and the grandaughter.

Thats what I`d do if I still had the GT500 sat under a cloth etc.

Might get myself a 4K Blu Ray Player as well on the sneaky.

These crazy prices are more about finding a possitive focus and meaning in your life I`m sure, so a fair bit beyond thier actual real worth.

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

PLEASE post a picture of this much talked about bike.... it must be something that in my 82 years I’ve never heard of, but then I’ve never owned a kwacker or had an urge to.

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

fullcirclemax
Current Ride: Integra

Post by fullcirclemax »

Thought I had left spite behind on bike forums. Have for a few years been waiting for a bit of a price drop on Honda integras and replacing whatever scooter I have at the time. The sh though has proven to be good enough to hang on to even to the point i would rather keep it and spend the money on of all things a classic Yamaha rd. so what if it costs 5 6 or even 7 thousand plus, a 2 stroke can be dependable enough to cross continents, mine might have to. I do have an old 250 that I was going to recommission not restore this winter but it makes no financial sense or is something that I want to be doing with due to travel and housing plans. So the sh will stay to be joined by a 2 stroke costing north of £5000. It’s worth it to me as I know it will be fun and light and simple and hold its value, even handle, seeing as they ran rings round the bigger 4 strokes of the day and with modern tyres on the modern day average road, I don’t see things being much different. What’s the cheapest new, decent motorbike? Take the sv650 for instance, or a fazer, a vfr, more efficient but are they better? On the subject of reliability of 2 strokes, one of my favourites was the rd200, apart from the reed valves the bike underneath the tank is from way back in the 60s and the crankshafts which were used in both the 200 and the 125 from which it grew were strong enough for racing. There was a 1974 rd200 that was sold on between a few of us so there were no secrets about its history or hard use, it managed to disgrace itself by going off song, soon traced to a piston that was suffering detonation. A used spare was fitted, probably taking all of half an hour and the bike went on to clock up another 20000 odd miles before being sold on to do who knows how many more miles. And the mileage the piston protested? 45000, not shabby in the first place.

maxiscootnz
Benefactor
Current Ride: various

Post by maxiscootnz »

Bloody good to see some debate, some positive and some dumb.The helix may have fallen out of the ugly tree and broken every branch on its free fall to earth but they are a farkin great and awesome reliable machine.I own lots of bikes some large cc sports bikes and tourers. I have put 1000,s of miles up on a t max and majesty and in all the my transitions still riding sports bikes i will never sell my Helix.
Actually i have the very first one off the production line in 1987 which was destined for the Canadian market but came to New Zealand instead. Its a 9.0 out of 10 and everything works except for the self cancelling indicators that used to work.I also have another helix and 2 early ch250 hondas that are a sit up version of the so called ugly one. Yes and they all go. There is a lot of user friendly uprights out there that a peppy and have the wank factor but unless they are reliable or easy to maintain, fix, And most are not. Those early Japanese Hondas were. They are the reason you may a large choice of shit to choose from today .Before slagging do some research.
Honda fc50 beat, dragster180, spacey250, cn250 Helix , C1(192) k100rs, r1100s