Brand new Forza 350 - can’t ride it

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Ian T
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 350 Red - Fastest

Brand new Forza 350 - can’t ride it

Post by Ian T »

Hi everyone

It is with a very heavy heart that I make this post. I thought I had found my dream bike going forward, and I had, but things with my hands have progressed rapidly and just over the last few weeks I struggle to just open them. MRI etc awaiting results.

Not after any sympathy but alas I have a brand new Forza 350 now sitting in the garage and I am being realistic I don’t think I will be able to ride it or any bike again.

So brand new in red (red is fastest). £5799
I have ridden I once about 62 miles home from the dealership.
I had the snazzy Honda heated grips fitted, the ones that link to the display. £472.50 + £24.50 harness
I have the full service package paid for. £299
I have the Givi back box rack on order and paid for. £140.50 (if you close enough to Hull will be fitted free at 600 mile service)

So total cost to buy similar £6735.50

It breaks my heart but life is life so I am offering it here first. I think that a hit of £1000 is more than enough for 62 miles ha ha and I feel would be a good deal for any member of this forum. Always open to negotiation if serious buyer as is life

Here is a few photos I can take more if anyone wants.

It is a lovely bike as you all know.

I’ve put it here rather than in the for sales because I think the background is important.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Re: Brand new Forza 350 - can’t ride it

Post by Data »

Hello Ian, very sorry to hear this. But are you totally sure your hand condition is not going to improve perhaps after treatment?

A short while ago my very good friend also came to a decision like this after finding his hands were too painful to ride. He sold the bike only to find his condition was treatable & would have allowed him to ride ok. He had severe arthritis in his hand joints. That cost him quite a bit of money. He just didn't realise that treatments for his condition have moved on quite a bit these days. Had he waited for all his results & consultation all that could have been saved. Not suggesting your conditions are the same of course but perhaps they might be.

Just saying that as you don't yet have all your results, might it be good to pause & see more fully what the doctors say before you lose your dream bike? You might be surprised. Hoping this all works out ok for you Ian.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by knight2 »

I've got to agree with Data, hang on to it until you have all the results and they have definitely told nothing can be done. I can understand you thinking that maybe if you sell now you might get a better return on your money. But it does seem a shame to part with a lovely bike before you have a full diagnosis. Good luck which ever way you go.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Sorry to hear this - best wishes whatever happens

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

Ohhhh....bugger.
1964 Matchless G3
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

What a shame. Hope you recover and so I’d offer the advice of those above, hang onto it until at least you’ve had treatment and a prognosis. It’ll cost you nothing to store it over winter and who knows, perhaps next year you’ll be out again? Best of luck.

Ian T
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 350 Red - Fastest

Post by Ian T »

Wow thanks guys

It’s like being in a warm family. Such kindness and positive words

I know what you are all saying makes the best sense and hopefully in the next few days I’ll have all me results back.

Think obviously I’ll wait and make a decision then..

Thanks again you are all wonderful

Cheers

Ian

Tartan Cobbler
Benefactor
Current Ride: nothing

Post by Tartan Cobbler »

I've been cursed with rheumatoid arthritis, my feet and hands were agony! but with medication things are so much more manageable......
Their is light at the end of the tunnel, not a cure but pain eased ten fold
all the best