Xmax 300 battery replacement - bigger size??

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Capelli32
Current Ride: Honda X-Adv 750

Xmax 300 battery replacement - bigger size??

Post by Capelli32 »

Hi, my Xmax 300 (2020) needs a new battery. It's often left at an airport (Geneva) for longer periods of time and of late its been a bit lazy starting. Anyhow, i've got two options, replace the current battery for exactly the same spec or second, replace it with a larger capacity one.

Question, has anyone upgraded to a larger-size battery, and if so which one? I know the battery compartment/tray looks like it can take something bigger

(On my Tmax 530 I've up-speced the battery to larger capacity/CCA which gives me a little more confidence when the freezing weather comes around)

thanks Richard

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Re: Xmax 300 battery replacement - bigger size??

Post by Sylar »

When the battery on my Cruisym failed (after three years). The one fitted was 12v. 9amp. I relplaced it with 12v 12 amp. The same as is on my Silverwing, Only later did i notice i could have had a Yuasa battery for not much more, the Yuasa on my Silverwing is working okay after 8 years. I did measure the battery size before buying. I do have heated grips and a Keis heated vest for use in winter.

fullcirclemax
Current Ride: Integra

Post by fullcirclemax »

Not cheap but nor is the possibility of multiple batteries, a higher rated lithium battery ( like for like are physically smaller) is what I would suggest in your case. Batteries on autos have to be good as bump starting is not an option.

fullcirclemax
Current Ride: Integra

Post by fullcirclemax »

Sylar wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:58 pm When the battery on my Cruisym failed (after three years). The one fitted was 12v. 9amp. I relplaced it with 12v 12 amp. The same as is on my Silverwing, Only later did i notice i could have had a Yuasa battery for not much more, the Yuasa on my Silverwing is working okay after 8 years. I did measure the battery size before buying. I do have heated grips and a Keis heated vest for use in winter.
More than once i have been able to buy a genuine Yuasa from Honda at a lower price than a pattern one from elsewhere. Main dealers are worth a try where they have a decent stores person, also repeat business can produce discounts in any case.

Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Post by Ralph »

Mine was getting a bit lazy about a year back, got a Yuasa but the new battery would not turn it over
and charging it did not help so tried the old one and no problem so sent it back and got a Motobat,
that turns it over faster than it as ever been, it is slightly bigger in size than the org one but fitted fine
bit will have to look at it to know what model it is.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

Capelli32
Current Ride: Honda X-Adv 750

Post by Capelli32 »

Ralph wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:27 pm got a Motobat,
I'll take a look at the range

Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Post by Ralph »

This is the one I fitted to the X-max 300

MBTX7U MOTOBATT Quadflex AGM Bike Battery 12V 8Ah
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif