New Electric scoot

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

New Electric scoot

Post by MrGrumpy »

This new scoot from Loncin looks quite interesting...
https://www.visordown.com/news/new-bike ... cose-brand

Claimed range in Eco mode is 149 miles, so I guess real world quick riding would give 75 miles or thereabouts. The question is what the cycle parts are like - and of course, these are only claimed figures and reality is normally never quite as good as the promo claims!

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Re: New Electric scoot

Post by Waldorf »

In Eco mode mine has a maximum speed of 12MPH.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

The numbers (89 X 27 X 2) give an energy storage capacity of just under 5 KwH so I suspect that predict range and speed are optimistic as is normal for Chinese stuff. The Silence S01 has about the same battery capacity. I looked at a few similar Chinese scooters that are imported spasmodically to the UK. They all had dubious numbers in their specification so I didn't take the risk.
If Amazon and Ebay are anything to go by the Chinese marketing strategy is often to look at competing product performance figures and double them without actually even understanding what they mean.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Yes....I guess all claims have to be taken with varying amounts of salt! I guess there is a limit to current tech so its difficult to exceed that! However Loncin are behind this - they are one of the bigger brands (make the C400 for BMW) so probably less subject to fantastical claims than stuff sold on ebay. Hopefully!

wightegi
Current Ride: Forza 300 Honda C90

Post by wightegi »

389NM of torque is huge so I wonder what it really is . I had a chipped diesel Mondeo with that amount and it was very quick.

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

wightegi wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:32 am 389NM of torque is huge so I wonder what it really is . I had a chipped diesel Mondeo with that amount and it was very quick.
This scooter seems to have an indirect belt drive so you can't make much out of a torque figure without knowing the gear ratio and wheel size. Lets not forget that torque measured at zero rpm can be extremely high for an electric motor but power at zero rpm still = zero!
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

And let's not forget that's probably meant to be 38.9nm not 389nm. A translation error. 389nm would give the scooter a 0-62 time of 1.2 seconds or near that and probably bend the frame into a rather odd shape! 38.9nm is akin to 400cc and 500cc bikes which is more normal for electric 125cc equivalent bikes. ;) Torque on electric engines is measured from 0-1 rpm. That's full power from 0 revs, not at zero revs.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...