Winter riding gear

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
wightegi
Current Ride: Forza 300 Honda C90

Re: Winter riding gear

Post by wightegi »

https://forcesuniformandkit.co.uk/colle ... 1460355166

They have a lot of kit . I have the German police jacket which was new in a bag , they also had a lot of post office throw over bags,

knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by knight2 »

That looks like a modern version of the old Army and navy stores, I used to get a lot of my gear from them for work and biking. Derry boots for the bike, totally waterproof and warm ( with a thick pair of army socks ) and offering very little in the way of crash protection. Those were the old days, notice I left the word "good" out. :D

wightegi
Current Ride: Forza 300 Honda C90

Post by wightegi »

Dery or is it Derri ? boots ,I have a pair of them and also a pair of the bike ones but on a scoot I have a pair of fur-lined rigger boots that are completely dry and easy to take on and off .

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

Altberg boots as new can be obtained from Ebay, soldiers sell new ones in boxes, defender are suitable for bikers.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

Dave Weller wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:56 am Altberg boots as new can be obtained from Ebay, soldiers sell new ones in boxes, defender are suitable for bikers.
Good call Dave. I bought my Altberg Hoggs new from their Yorkshire base in 2009. I’ve used them regularly for riding and once every couple of months give them a going over with Leder Gris wax. They’re waterproof, comfortable and still look new. For a grand total of about £145 that works out at about a tenner a year icon_thumbs_up.gif
Great value boots. Highly recommended icon_bargain.png

knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by knight2 »

wightegi wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:25 pm Dery or is it Derri ? boots ,I have a pair of them and also a pair of the bike ones but on a scoot I have a pair of fur-lined rigger boots that are completely dry and easy to take on and off .
I think your right I should have put Derri, it was a long time ago, poor excuse but it's the only one I have :roll:

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

I'm a big fan of Altbergs, got 2 pairs.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

horobags wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:13 am I'm a big fan of Altbergs, got 2 pairs.
I used to be a fan of Altbergs, then they did something to the shape, seemingly for all their boots, and I just can't get comfortable in their boots these days. My toes rub together, even if I try a ridiculously wide fitting. Good boots, if they fit you!

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

MrGrumpy wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:13 am
I used to be a fan of Altbergs, then they did something to the shape, seemingly for all their boots, and I just can't get comfortable in their boots these days. My toes rub together, even if I try a ridiculously wide fitting. Good boots, if they fit you!
[/quote]

That’s a pity. I didn’t realise they’d altered the shape. I was sold on them due to their width fitting at the time which suited me perfectly.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Stibbs wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:09 pm
MrGrumpy wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:13 am
That’s a pity. I didn’t realise they’d altered the shape. I was sold on them due to their width fitting at the time which suited me perfectly.
[/quote]

It was quite a while ago, so if current Altbergs fit you, you should be OK! I think its something to do with the angle of the sole under the toes, rather than them being too narrow, but I really don't know!