RIDE IT LIKE

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

RIDE IT LIKE

Post by knight2 »

I was supposed to be going out on the scoot this afternoon but as the rain is bouncing down I thought I'd watch some body else ride one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0w0FIZBRyk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh2pq_AM9rc

I used to practice stuff like this at least a couple of times a week years ago during my dinner break. Haven't done it for years, wish I could find some where to practice.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Re: RIDE IT LIKE

Post by Data »

Very good knight. Thanks for posting, very entertaining.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

knight2

Post by knight2 »

Your welcome I'm glad you liked it. I watched them a couple of times and wondered if it was harder to do on a scooter than a bike as you don't have the ability to slip the clutch or have that instant throttle control.
On the plus side I did get out for a ride today, did a little over a hundred miles most of it in nice sunny weather, but for the last ten miles it bounced it down. Never mind I still enjoyed it even the rain, it's been that long since I've been out nothing was going to spoil it.

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Sometimes I just have to ride even if it's chucking it down! Just lifts your whole life to another level, at least for a few hours. :)

knight2

Post by knight2 »

Data wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:41 am Sometimes I just have to ride even if it's chucking it down! Just lifts your whole life to another level, at least for a few hours. :)
Totally agree it does. but since I've retired I can pick and choose my days more and I do prefer to ride in the dry. so a good look at the weather forecast can decide which direction I go. Sheffield is nestled in the side of the Penines, which is why it's so hilly, so to the east and south can be relatively dry while the west and north can be wet. If the weather is coming from the west which it usually does.

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Since fully retiring I to prefer to ride in drier weather. If I'm caught out in the wet that doesn't matter. If I'm setting out on a trip then definitely like it dry. It's just that sometimes, occasionally I'll ride even if it's really wet because I just really want that ride. Have to do it! The Vespa tends to stay fairly clean thankfully.