A new T Max is now £13800

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Pukmeister
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2011 Tmax + 2019 R1250GSA

Re: A new T Max is now £13800

Post by Pukmeister »

StephenC wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:06 am Now I know these things you list are consumables, but did anyone else think about Trigger's old broom? :lol:

No? Ok, it was just me then. :oops:

I'll get my coat.
I'm a proud former Royal Navy Marine Engineering Artificer (Technician) so I was well trained as an apprentice through journeymans time and throughout my career to fix and maintain some pretty big industrial kit. That kind of thing never leaves you, so when I do any vehicle maintenance I tend to replace anything and everything that is a source of failure or appears to be less than 100%.

It may well be like triggers broom, but I'd hate calling breakdown or pushing the bike home, or pulling the brake lever and nothing happens.

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor
Current Ride: BMW C Evo Yamaha T Max 560

Post by tmaxrobbo »

Managed to get a 2022 T Max Tech Max in Power Grey for a lot less than £13800 !! Can't wait to be back on a T max !!

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor
Current Ride: BMW C Evo Yamaha T Max 560

Post by tmaxrobbo »

So picked up my 560 T Max Tech Max yesterday . Rode up to the dealer on my 1250 GSA and swapped it for the T max plus cash . Riding it home I wondered what I had done as in comparison to the GSA I rode up it felt small and vulnerable ! After 50 miles we had gelled and I remembered what a great bike the T Max is . My last Mk 3 was stolen 3 years ago and I had thought I would not get another because of that . The 560 is a bit of a move on from a Mk 3 but not so much from a Mk 6 that I have also owned . I have had Mk 1 Mk2 Mk3 Mk4 Mk6 and now is it a Mk 9 ? I rode it 200 miles home and it was fantastic . Initially very stiff as it was a zero mile new bike . With 200 miles on it it is much better . I like the electric screen and seat . The grips are not very warm . Cruise is great as is the Toggle switch for the Menu . It has blue tooth for your phone and sat nav . I really like it . It is easy to clean and just really usable in a way I just didn't with the GSA , it was too big for town but great for long journeys . I am hoping to take the T Max to Italy and Spain in the summer . Will let you know how it goes

Pukmeister
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2011 Tmax + 2019 R1250GSA

Post by Pukmeister »

I hope you are enjoying the new Tmax.

I got off to a bad start with mine this morning, it needed a few more revs than usual to climb the driveway and felt squidgy on the first corner despite riding absolutely fine yesterday. I pulled over to find the rear tyre soft as a babys bum so had to u-turn for home and swap it out with the GSA for this mornings commute. Tyre puncture repair job needed this evening after work, tyre has done less than a thousand miles.