pcx 125

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

pcx 125

Post by horobags »

Well I've had the PCX a couple of months now. At first I thought 'shit' Ive made the wrong decision,,a 125,,with pillion,, .
On the road it a is quite decent ride, will sit at 55 ish two up and had it up to an indicated 70mph. We went out with a mate on a R/E one weekend and making decent progress up hills ect, well it struggles, if I'm going to do any group riding I need something bigger.
So on bike trader looking for a slightly bigger replacement scoot, around 300cc's, got to admit I'm quite impressed with SYM's, but the following tuesday the letter comes and my second knee replacement is booked for 2 weeks today. So I decide to keep the PCX, light , easy to handle, and feet forward (two positions). The ideal scoot for my recovery which means I will be back on the road quicker than I would be on a bigger heavier scoot.
So with the decision made I've done another 400 miles on the PCX and have really bonded with it. Yes its slow up hills, and overtakes are limited, but its a 125!! and once in the frame of mind thats 'it is what it is', I'm quite enjoying it, and it may stay a lot longer than anticipated. 132 mpg is a nice bonus too, even 2 up. The wife is also comfy on the back.
I much prefer these days riding slow bikes fast, than riding fast bikes slow!!
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Re: pcx 125

Post by Argyll »

I think that I had more fun on my PCX than on the Forza or the SH300. It's not a better bike than those two but it was definitely more fun.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

I know what you mean Horobags. I'm finding these smaller bikes are terrific fun and yet still very useful. Hope the knee thing doesn't keep you off two wheels for long. Take care mate! ;)
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Yep, that's a decent bit of decision making.

If I'm honest, I could cope very well with just one bike, a modern 125 auto like a PCX, NMax, Medley etc.

It's really only stasis and that things, "ain't broke," that keep me from going down that route.

Good luck with the upcoming surgery.

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

Was well impressed with the Forza 125's abilities uphill, 2 up - just needed a bit more overtake ability, really...
1964 Matchless G3
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

marval
Current Ride: Aprilia sr gt

Post by marval »

Having had two PCXs didn't need to go any bigger in cc but as good as PCXs are I found that I needed to ride feet forward but that meant I always had my rump right against the hump! So I did think I would look for something with a bit more leg room this time. So I've gone for an Aprilia sr gt, had it for just over a year now and am more than pleased with it. It's a bit taller and an overall better road presence, not quite as economical as the PCX but still averages around 90 mpg but of course it does have more power at 14.7 hp. Better dash in my opinion lots more detail. Servicing costs have been similar, so I very happy with it