Who's made the switch from motorbikes to scooters?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Re: Who's made the switch from motorbikes to scooters?

Post by Data »

Thanks for asking Horobags. Yeah, I'm doing quite well now but still go up and down a bit. Recovery is not linear but going in the right direction. Prognosis is good. I've not been riding with the Mottza and the guys much just yet but I have at least been out with them a couple of times. Just about to give the Vespa GTS a full service, oil & all filters, coolant, valve check, clutch clean out etc. I couldn't do that 3 months ago but now I feel as though I can, says he confidentally, sort of!! :lol:

Hope you are well Horobags. Stay cool and have you written a write up on your latest bike yet?
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

I also switched from bikes to scooters because of a knee injury. I'd had mostly big bikes, with a couple of Vespas and a TMax thrown in over the years, but really I'd been a bike man - Sports tourers, mainly and some naked bikes, around 30 all told since I was 16, back in the 60s. I've had my present 400 Burger for a bit over 2 years and I love it. Far more practical than a bike, better weather protection, far more relaxing to ride and more economical to run. Maintenance is easy, everything is accessible with little effort. My Burger has been utterly reliable, fun to ride, and the only time it's failed to start was when I inadvertently left the sidelights on when turning it off. It's a great all rounder and I can't think of anything which would give me better service. I think it's a keeper.

maxsymiser
Current Ride: Honda X-ADV750

Post by maxsymiser »

Think I've bought the best of both worlds, traded in an Enfield interceptor and a T Max for a Honda X-ADV750, LOVE IT