Scotland 2023

Went to a scooter meet and took loads of photos? Post them in here for all to see.
Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Scotland 2023

Post by Stephen »

Currently in Scotland with Mottza and a couple of X9 forum memebers,couldn’t of booked better weather so far,Chris and myself overnighted in Telford on Friday where Bob collected us from our b&b,he and his good lady wife fed us and made sure we had beers,Bob again collected us on Saturday morning but this time on his bike,we bimbled to Lymm services to meet a X9 member who couldn’t attend but wanted a catch up,as time was against us we left Lymm and need to blast up the M6 to meet Dave at Milnthorpe who had all the routes planned,nice roads up to Gretna where we had booked a hotel.

Sunday

We took the A75-A76 to Largs where we had a break before riding to Leven to catch the ferry to Dunoon then some really nice B roads to Portavadie where we caught the small ferry to Tarbert,then Dave lead us to Campbeltown where we overnighted,we are due to average 200 miles a day.

Monday

From Campbeltown up the west coast of Kintyre through Tarbert,Lochgilphead,rode past some lovely lochs,through Ft William,Invergarry taking a little track/road to Glenelg where we caught the little turntable ferry the short distance to Skye,overnighting in Kyleakin,

The weather has been unbelievably kind to us,i have photos,but may have to leave it up to Chris to post them for me😁

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Waldorf
Benefactor

Re: Scotland 2023

Post by Waldorf »

Sounds very good, Steve.
I hope you manage to avoid the storms.
Take care, one and all.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

have fun. 8-)
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Tuesday

We looped around the top of Skye on another hot and sunny day stopping for lunch in a little Bistro at Dunvegan then back down to Armadale to take the ferry back to Mallaig. From there we headed to Fort William where we stopped for a meal just missing a stormy downpour which it left it very hot and humid. We stayed at Roam West which was good except for the only midges of the trip. It had a decent bar and beers which cooled us down.

Wednesday

We headed south down Glen Coe for breakfast sat outside in the sunshine at the Green Wellie (where else?) then down through Callader and around Stirling to get to the Kelpies at Falkirk. We had a break here for a while then headed down to Moffat. Not quite as scenic here but the last road over Tweedsmuir wasn't too bad and traffic really quiet. Steve stayed in a posh B&B and the rest of us in the best 'hostel' type place you could want. We walked into town and found a pub with food and decent beers and stayed there until a few locals came in and it got a bit rowdy, so we headed back to our digs.

Thursday

I was in different digs in Moffat,by the time I finished breakfast the others had left their b&b,i began my journey home to Northampton 296 miles,i opted for M6 to Penrith then A66 to Scotch Corner,then A1 A1(M) to Stamford last bit on A43 to home,excellent routes/roads good company 1364 miles door2door.
Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

1565 miles for me...

2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Very good indeed! Glad you all had a great time.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Excellent