Flying Scotsman

This is the place to organize a meet or tell us about a forthcoming show
knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Flying Scotsman

Post by knight2 »

I don't know if anybody is interested but the Flying Scotsman is going on a Jolly around the Yorkshire Dales on Sunday the 10th.

The famous locomotive will haul the rail tour over the famous Settle to Carlisle line on Sunday September 10, beginning its journey at platform 11 of York Station just before 10am.

It will then take the line to Leeds, passing Colton Junction, Church Fenton, Micklefield and Cross Gates before arriving at Leeds Station at around 10.30am to collect more passengers who have pre-booked for the heritage trip.

It will then be routed onto the Airedale Line, stopping for several minutes just before 11am to allow another service to pass. It will pass Shipley at 11.13am and then stop again at Keighley Station to collect passengers.

The next station call is Skipton at 11.38am, after which the train joins the famous Settle to Carlisle line and heads into the Dales, passing Gargrave and Hellifield, going through Settle at 12.24pm and then passing through Horton-in-Ribblesdale and Ribblehead stations, the Blea Moor Tunnel and Garsdale. It is scheduled to arrive at Carlisle Station just after 2pm.
Then the return trip

It departs Carlisle at 4.30pm, appearing at Ribblehead again just after 6pm and waiting at Gargrave for several minutes at 7.35pm for engineering checks and to allow other trains to pass. It drops passengers off at Skipton at 7.46pm and at Keighley at 8.04pm.

It returns to platform nine of Leeds Station at 8.34pm and makes another pathing stop at Colton Junction for several minutes before arriving back at York Station’s platform 10 at 9.30pm.

So if you want to take that Classic photo of a steam train thundering across ( okay trundling) Ribblehead viaduct this a good time. It will be busy though. I quite fancy a ride up myself for the south bound run at Six but I don't think I'll be able to.

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Re: Flying Scotsman

Post by mottza »

Sounds a good reason for a ride. Too far from me.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Re: Flying Scotsman

Post by Waldorf »

Sadly, I'm otherwise engaged.
However, the locomotive is scheduled to be on display at Shildon over Christmas unless I've misread the information.
My plan is to go down then to see it.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch