Forza 350 vs X-max vs other 300cc scooters?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Re: Forza 350 vs X-max vs other 300cc scooters?

Post by Data »

YetAnotherMuppet wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:33 pm Thank you! I'll confess I haven't ridden a Vespa in a very long time, so maybe it's time to try one if the suspensions have improved.
Maybe a Vespa would be better than the Forza filtering in traffic? Not that my filtering is ever too aggressive.

One thing I'd need to understand is compatibility with topboxes: the Vespa 32L topbox is cute but too small for me, and it's not clear to me if the 47L ones from Givi and Shad are compatible.
Yes I think the 47 litre boxes are compatible but check just to make sure. The under seat storage on bikes from 2014 onwards is a bit bigger. Everything about the 2014 onwards bikes has been hugely refined with more midrange power & all the previous glitches ironed out. They also have abs & traction control, something that is needed on greasy town roads! They will spin the back wheel on wet roads away from the lights if you switch it off.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

YetAnotherMuppet
Current Ride: x-max

Post by YetAnotherMuppet »

@MrGrumpy Searching onlline I have seen some pictures of Givi and Shad topboxes fitted to Vespas. How stable I don't know. I suppose I'll need to speak to a dealer / search some of the Vespa-specific forums and pages.
Another thought I had was that maybe there isn't enough room through the spokes of the rear wheel to fit a u-lock or a chain.

@mottza Where do you find the statistics on the # of registered bikes by model? I'd be curious to have a browse

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

My Forza 350 replaced an xmax 300
The Forza engine is punchier and the performance is noticeably quicker and more willing.
The xmax is more of a 'rider's bike' with more fun handling; the Forza is more comfortable and feels more substantial, with a much better seat - no upholstered brick behind your coccyx. The Forza steering and handling is fine, just not quite as bike-like. Plenty of grip round to edge of tyres.
The ride quality on both is pretty awful at times.
Plenty of room under the Forza's seat for 2 helmets.
Forza about 80+ mpg; Xmax 95+
Stainless exhaust on Forza, allegedly.
Ask me more - gotta go now!
1964 Matchless G3
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350