Buxton camping 18th May

wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Re: Buxton camping 26 May

Post by wozza »

It's alright Mr Al, we can both chew pop corn together.... :lol:

Anyway I met with the rag tag bunch of Uglies at Buxton... :lol: What a great turn out by the lads and one of our new of our new members and his girlfriend from Columbia, (now based in London I think) also turned up. It was lovely to meet you both.
Unfortunately on the way there my harley had deveolped a very un-welcome vibration which numbed my right hand and I could still feel it ache for quite a while afterwards. Because of this I decided to opt out of the run as this vibration played on my mind. I stayed at the campsite until about 3.10pm before retuning home. Unfortunately I left before the lads got back.. I do fell very guilty about disappearing, but the problem with the vibration definitely put a dampener on the day for me, after all the Harley has only done 2k miles. The engine is running great with no unusaul noises, so I'm hoping that it's just the engine rubber mounts to the frame that just need tightening up.

I tried the Cajun chicken sandwich in the pub and it was fantastic... definitely icon_eat.gif icon_eat.gif

Oh after now seeing a Honda Integra and I can now safely say they look far better in the flesh than in the pics.

It was great meeting you all...
SEAT MO

ridinhigh
Current Ride: GTS 300

Post by ridinhigh »

harleys do vibrate a bit, this was mine from new ,it never missed a beat ,never gave a days problem,and i used to give it some welly,
but then you had too they are not that fast as standard

wozza
Benefactor

Post by wozza »

ridinhigh wrote:harleys do vibrate a bit, this was mine from new ,it never missed a beat ,never gave a days problem,and i used to give it some welly,
but then you had too they are not that fast as standard

They are pretty long lasting engines these days.
Now your old machine looks like a pre 2004 model Sportster which would have a rigid mounted engine and yep they vibrated. All Sportsters had rubber mounted engine from 2004. With the rubber mounted engines you can still feel the engine work, but the vibs are low level and pleasant. The soft tails have balanced engines are feel more Japanesie. My bike is a Dyna and they started to have rubber mounted engines in the early to mid 80's. It's a lovely machine to ride and quite quick, but for some reason the vibes weren't nice today.
SEAT MO

ridinhigh
Current Ride: GTS 300

Post by ridinhigh »

that was my last motorbike i injured my self while i owned it ,and could not ride it again

wozza
Benefactor

Post by wozza »

How long did you own it for?
SEAT MO

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Heading down through the peaks this morning to bakewell and matlock. Will keep any eye out for you.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

had a greart weekend, I burnt myself out saturday, and saturday night, (nice beer), knackered sunday morning had to head off home early. Thanks to Alan and Debbie for organising a great venue, nice to see everyone, cheers.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Alanzzg
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing

Post by Alanzzg »

Had a great weekend , its the people who turn up that make a ride out into an amazing day , thanks to all of you that turned up , and a special thank you to Juan & Caroline who travelled all the way from London , it was a pleasure to meet such lovely , friendly & helpful couple

weighed in the penny jar and we have raised £85.00 which will be donated to the Air Ambulance
thank you to all those who made a donation
Member of The Ugly Bunch -2
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly,

wozza
Benefactor

Post by wozza »

Oh I'll start saving some pennies too, I forgot all about that.

You couldnt have chosen a better weekend... Well done Sir!
SEAT MO

juanpauk
Current Ride: Kymco Downtown 300i

Post by juanpauk »

Just made it back to London, very tired but safe. I'll write a proper post when I have recharged my batteries and my brain starts working again :)
Downtown 300 non ABS 29cv SK60A - Clutch Dr. Pulley HiT231801 - Rollers Dr. Pulley 20 x 12 x 15grs - Guides Dr. Pulley SP2012-AA - ECU E000