Joymax-One year on!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
simoncrp

Re: Joymax-One year on!

Post by simoncrp »

Tnx for your replies. I'll respond point by point:

Richie - You are prob correct. My brain tells me to stick to a 125 but my heart is pushing me to get a 300cc!

Gn2 - Why do you recommend the Nmax over the PCX? (I saw a previous post of urs recommending the PCX. Maybe that was pre NMax?)

Capt R. - I have thought about the feet positions but as my daily commute is only 8 miles each way, that's not too important to me.

Mac - Tnx for feedback.I just found that the view in the mirrors was mostly of my shoulders. Also that because they protruded quite a bit so was worried about filtering in central London traffic!

Superscoot - I have actually taken the Symphony 200 ST for a spin as well! Seems ok but not necessarily faster than a regular 225cc. ( it's actually only a 170cc). Would you recommend it over a PCX / NMax?

I'll hopefully make a decision sooner or later...!!

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

just to add my 2 pence worth .i too have had the sym gts 250 and then the gts300 , an as posted earlier , never seen before i ordered one ,an dealers won't get them till you order them , daft really but hey ho. an would recommend the SYM's very much , there quick enough an very comfy..would have another . this was mine .
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

You can pick up the Sym Joyrides fairly cheaply and they are a sort of inbetween player. Go far better than a 125, and still good weather protection. The later non carb versions are very nice looking and go very well. Fairly compact as well. £800 should get a nice one.

Best Mark.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

simoncrp wrote:Gn2 - Why do you recommend the Nmax over the PCX?
ABS and longer service interval
simoncrp wrote:(I saw a previous post of urs recommending the PCX. Maybe that was pre NMax?)
Must have been

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

Mine last week (minus the useless mirrors as you'll note),

screen capture tool

free photo hosting

If buying a new one though I'd go for the new 2012-on model, as it has a HUGE underseat storage that has to be seen to be believed. Despite SYM UK's diligent work to avoid selling me/the UK one I'll probably snap one up next year, from France if required...

simoncrp

Post by simoncrp »

Globs, thanks for the pics. If I buy one, it will be the new ABS one (2014 onwards). It fits 2 helmets under the seat - a very big space.
Did you remove the mirrors yourself? How did you fix them on the handlebars?

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

simoncrp wrote:Globs, thanks for the pics. If I buy one, it will be the new ABS one (2014 onwards). It fits 2 helmets under the seat - a very big space.
Did you remove the mirrors yourself? How did you fix them on the handlebars?
A HUGE space.

I unscrewed the old mirrors (they were great for checking my elbows though!), and stuck Vinyl Wrap over the holes.
I went to eBay and for £10 bought some mirrors, pulled out the bungs on the handlebars and screwed them in.
Job done!

The handlebar design of the new one is different, I'm not sure it's so easy on that - there is a plastic shroud in the way of the new mirrors (next to the brake reservoirs) IIRC.

mac65
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda ADV 350

Post by mac65 »

Sylar I covered about 4000 miles in the first year. Now over 6000 since new!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
enjoy eXtra to the Max

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

That's great, should be well run in by now. I bought my new Silverwing 600 in July 2014. Never been near the dealer since . Did my own service at 600mls and again at 8,000mls. Got a recall from Honda to take it in for a check. If nothings gone wrong in 11,000mls I think it will be okay, but as it's under warranty I better take it in.

simoncrp

Post by simoncrp »

Superscoot wrote:The Sym Symphony ST 200i would be a good choice

Can't see any point in anything more powerful for use in London
How does this bike compare to the Honda SH125 (or PCX)? I can't find any accurate MPG details? What about top speed?