Joymax-One year on!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
gn2

Re: Joymax-One year on!

Post by gn2 »

You won't find much info because its a new cheapie budget model.
It has a very interesting instrument panel though which is switchable between analogue revcounter/digital speedo or analogue speedo.
Sym's own site claims it has just 8.8kw peak power and 12.6nm of torque which is about the same as a midrange 125 like the Nmax or PCX

http://www.sym-global.com/news/index/72
http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/products/ ... stechspecs
http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/rang ... tions.html

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Well, I've just been to my local(ish) Sym dealer to check out the Joyride 125/200 for size, legroom, storage and looks. They had a white 125 in stock. It was very good and still felt compact and looked modernish, mind you, I spotted a kick start. I think that the Forza 125 is similar in roominess yet is a much bigger machine.

Anyway, the 'big' news from the dealer is that the Joyride scoots are now discontinued. She was on the phone to MotoGB.
The Joymax 125 will take the Joyride's mantle. Also, the Joymax 300 is now available with start-stop, a matt blue paint scheme (sounds nice) and that it is also available in a 'stealth black' sport version.

Tim

simoncrp

Post by simoncrp »

But it's the MPG of the Symphony 200 i would like to find out. I wonder it it competes with the Hondas at 135 mpg!

Re the Joymax, I haven't found anyone in the UK selling it in the Sport version.

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

Capt. R Swipe wrote:Well, I've just been to my local(ish) Sym dealer to check out the Joyride 125/200 for size, legroom, storage and looks. They had a white 125 in stock. It was very good and still felt compact and looked modernish, mind you, I spotted a kick start. I think that the Forza 125 is similar in roominess yet is a much bigger machine.

Anyway, the 'big' news from the dealer is that the Joyride scoots are now discontinued. She was on the phone to MotoGB.
The Joymax 125 will take the Joyride's mantle. Also, the Joymax 300 is now available with start-stop, a matt blue paint scheme (sounds nice) and that it is also available in a 'stealth black' sport version.

Tim
Oh!!
Shame, the Joyride was a true flat-floor scooter than can accommodate loads that the Joymax can only dream of. Technically though the rigidity and underseat space of the Joymax is far better though, and the Joyride was a well hidden secret in the UK so sales were much lower than the old Joymax(GTS) IIRC.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

simoncrp wrote:But it's the MPG of the Symphony 200 i would like to find out. I wonder it it competes with the Hondas at 135 mpg!
Not a chance, its air cooled and 170cc.
simoncrp wrote:Re the Joymax, I haven't found anyone in the UK selling it in the Sport version.
That's because it hasn't been formally announced yet.

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

gn2 wrote:
simoncrp wrote:But it's the MPG of the Symphony 200 i would like to find out. I wonder it it competes with the Hondas at 135 mpg!
Not a chance, its air cooled and 170cc.
Above around 70mpg petrol costs become irrelevant TBH. Road tax, insurance, initial cost and service costs all count.
E.g. I worked out that the official dealer service interval of the SYM Joyride effectively halves the MPG from 80mpg to 40mpg... as it equaled the cost per mile of the petrol!

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Very true, there's a lot more to running costs than just mpg.
The Vespa Primavera and Sprint have 6000 mile intervals, huge mpg and ABS.
Whats not to like.
Apart from the initial purchase price, although there are deals to be had.
http://www.motorcyclesdirect.co.uk/road ... -abs-2015/