Centre stand

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

Re: Centre stand

Post by Liam »

ghost wrote:
:lol: you know me too well :lol: Thank you for the advice Dave & TmaX9, got to fit the new plate first then attempt the bloody two springs :lol: small inner spring easy the outer big spring mmmmm f hate it :lol: will let you know how I get on :lol:
slap.gif]
Stop laughing and get on with it! :kiss:

@ Poldark
The "Penny technique" looks good! Although that spring doesn't look as if it's stretched much.
I normally get springs off when the stand is up and not under so much tension.

Wolf
Benefactor

Post by Wolf »

Liam, got the new plate on :D will have a go at the stand tomorrow, the stand up is easier but the big spring is a right twat :lol:

TmaX9
Current Ride: 04 and 54 X9 500 Evos

Post by TmaX9 »

The 'penny' technique works if you slot in the coins first with the stand in the down position, then when you raise the stand the springs cannot compress and flop loose so they can be easily unhitched. Refit in the up position then lower the stand and pull the coins out.

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

If I remember correctly when i replaced my Nexus main stand I used a rope to gain leverage to pull it and then pushed it into position.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

Wolf
Benefactor

Post by Wolf »

Thank you for the tips guys :D centre stand is now on :D me & my dad got it on easy in the up position took 10 minutes if that, but I assume it was easy due to the springs not being new