The elusive v belt light

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
halfabusa
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC750X DCT

The elusive v belt light

Post by halfabusa »

I gave up waiting on my belt light to come on. It's now at 24994 miles and it's passed the 24960 mark which was supposedly the mileage that the light was supposed to come on. (previous service document indicates 12480 miles)

I even took it for a ride to lakeside shopping centre just to get the miles in but still no light on. So i gave up and left it to the service this morning.

Now i'll need to find out how to turn it off when it comes on :? Does anyone know? Or even better, is there a way to reset it at this mileage rather than wait for it to come on at whichever mileage?
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Re: The elusive v belt light

Post by Funkycowie »

It could have gotten reset at some point... and it should only just be an indicator just like on the Nexus.

there appears to be two possible methods...

This indicator flashes every 20000 km (12500mi) when the V-belt needs to be replaced. After changing the V-belt, reset the V-belt change indicator. To reset the V-belt change indicator, select it by pushing the “SELECT” button until “V-BELT Trip” is displayed, and then push the “RESET” button at least 1 second.

When pushing the “RESET” button, “V-BELT Trip” starts flashing. While “V-BELT Trip” is flashing, push the “RESET” button for at least 3 seconds.
If the V-belt is changed before the V-belt change indicator “V-BELT” flashes (i.e. before the periodic V-belt change interval has been reached),
the indicator “V-BELT” must be reset after the V-belt change for the next periodic V-belt change to be indicated at the correct time.

The electrical circuit of the indicator can be checked according to the following procedure.
1. Turn the key to “ON” and make sure that the engine stop switch is set to “ ”.
2. If the V-belt change indicator does not come on, check the electrical circuit.
Refer to “SIGNALING SYSTEM” on page 8-19.
Tmax,the most intelligent kind of motorbiking.
243000 Km ridden on Tmaxes.
or
Remove the left side panel and there is a loom with two plugs. The smaller of the two has only 2 wires with a jumper.

With the ignition switched on, remove the jumper for 3-12 seconds then reinstall the jumper.

This resets flashing v-belt warning for another 20000.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

halfabusa
Benefactor

Post by halfabusa »

Thanks mate, i'll try it.
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

halfabusa
Benefactor

Post by halfabusa »

I just tried to reset it this morning but when i got to the bike, i noticed that there wasn't any select or reset buttons on mine. I only have Trip and Oil Change buttons.

So i tried them all with ignition off and on, etc. Out of all combinations, the only time i had any response was when i pressed the oil change button and keep it pressed while i turned the ignition on. Then after keeping it pressed for a while longer, the v-belt light just flashed once. I retried it a few times, and got the oil change light flashing once too. But that's it, nothing else...

Do you reckon both oil change and v-belt change intervals are reset now? I wanted to reset both of them since they did a full service...
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

Taipan
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC700X DCT Tmax mk2

Post by Taipan »

I think with the VBelt light you can only reset it once its been on? This is the only way to do it, as said above,
Remove the left side panel and there is a loom with two plugs. The smaller of the two has only 2 wires with a jumper.
With the ignition switched on, remove the jumper for 3-12 seconds then reinstall the jumper.
This resets flashing v-belt warning for another 20000.

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

That's what I did with my mark2, is it the same for the mark1
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

StevenM
Benefactor

Post by StevenM »

Here is some photos from my manual (REALLY SORRY THEY ARE UPSIDE DOWN I CANT TURN THEM ROUND)

halfabusa
Benefactor

Post by halfabusa »

thanks for that! So is this the left panel next to the headlight or left panel under the seat?
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

It was the long side panel under the seat, but I think it was the right one (mark2).
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

StevenM
Benefactor

Post by StevenM »

left side under the seat, the regulator is on the left side as in the photo.