Technical clothing tips

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Ferrit
Current Ride: MP3 400ie

Re: Technical clothing tips

Post by Ferrit »

Use Capilene, much better than any other man made synthetic.
2013 Mp3 500sport
2007 MP3 400ie

A less than Civil Servant
Herts & Beds SERV

Zed
Current Ride: Trek 7300

Post by Zed »

Meldrew wrote: I don't wear underpants/boxers that have seams anywhere near my butt cheeks either, in fact I recommended it in a post a couple of years ago and remember a sarcastic reply from someone who thought he knew better. Since then I've read a touring article that wearing underwear without seams near your butt cheeks is a 'top tip' for riders taking part in Iron Butt Association endurance events. It helps prevent soreness and 'monkey butt' on long rides, and it's a far cheaper option than an AirHawk seat cushion.
Marks & Spencer's sell seamless underpants :) seven for a fiver or something like that!
I'd post a pic wearing them, but might come across as a bit pedo-grooming to the young 'uns like Woozy :?

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

I dont know???? , very imformative? yep, an interesting thread, yep, but if someone told me ten years ago, that I'd be disscussing bum sweat on bikes with people I've never met before , I d say " get the f**h out of it". A wonderful thing the internet, isn't it... :D :D :lol:
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Post by Bluebottle »

horobags wrote:... if someone told me ten years ago, that I'd be disscussing bum sweat on bikes with people I've never met before..........
Yeah, absolutely no need to bring bikes into it at all :roll:
never happens on bum-sweat.co.uk
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

horobags wrote: if someone told me ten years ago, that I'd be disscussing bum sweat on bikes with people I've never met before , I d say " get the f**h out of it". A wonderful thing the internet, isn't it... :D :D :lol:
You may or may not consider discussing bum sweat with people you've never met preferable to discussing it in person........

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Post by Bluebottle »

Thanks to the moderator for removing Horobags' comparison photos
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

Whatsisname
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K5

Post by Whatsisname »

Now in MY day, you young whippersnappers... It's a bit of good old reminiscence from realclassic.co.uk

"...My first kit, if it could be so called, was accumulated before I got the bike, and consisted of a pair of steel-capped safety working boots. To keep out the draughts I had my works boilersuit under an old long raincoat to keep out the rain, 0r so I thought, plus some kid gloves that were past their best for weekend wear (everybody seemed to wear gloves for best in those days). This ensemble was all topped off with my 'safety' headgear of one grey beret with a French style 'chimney' plus ex-WD teargas goggles to hold it on.

The Saturday for collection of my new steed arrived so, armed with my brand new provisional driving licence, only 5/-, and dressed in my assembled collection of weather wear, carrying my insurance cash, I sallied forth into the depths of Halifax on what had been my usual form of transport, a Halifax Corporation double decker bus. On arrival I went straight to the Royal Insurance Co Ltd and spent my hard earned money on a TPF&T policy, the cheapest they had available: times were hard... "

http://www.realclassic.co.uk/techfiles/ ... _days.html
I wake up every morning with a smile upon my face,
My natural exuberance spills out all over the place!