Bang for Yer Buck...

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Sgt Ernie Bilko
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2010 Tmax mk 3

Bang for Yer Buck...

Post by Sgt Ernie Bilko »

This is what Yamaha, BMW and the rest are up against...

Kawasaki ER6F 2012. 650 twin, sporty good looks, comfortable and good weather protection. Pretty good on fuel and 120mph tops. £5999 OTR... with 2 year warranty with the option of another 2 years...

Quite frankly as much as I like the Tmax and C600 Sport the figures just don't add up. :?
Master Sgt E Bilko
RA15042699
Co B 3rd Platoon

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Re: Bang for Yer Buck...

Post by richie the 1st »

Better still the versy in maroon saw 1 last week very nice,any chance of a photo sarge.. ;)
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

Normsthename
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield Classic 350

Post by Normsthename »

Pretty good on fuel
I think the Bike Manufacturers have to wake up with fuel consumption on bikes and Scooters, they are awful :(
There are cars running around now that are doing a lot more mpg than the majority of bikes and scooters.
If they can get 70mpg from a car they should easily be able to get 100+mpg from a Maxi-Scooter
My 650 Burgervan only manages just over 50mpg :(

Andy
2024 Royal Enfield Classic 350
1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing
2016 Microcar MGO3 - 4 wheeled Scooter with a roof :D

Sgt Ernie Bilko
Benefactor

richie the 1st wrote:Better still the versy in maroon saw 1 last week very nice,any chance of a photo sarge.. ;)
Here you go!

I have a brand new 2011 Tourer in stock, £5999 OTR, £99 dep and 3 years zero finance!
Master Sgt E Bilko
RA15042699
Co B 3rd Platoon

halfabusa
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC750X DCT

Post by halfabusa »

very true sarge. The way they price the maxis these days, it feels like they don't want to produce them anymore so by putting up their prices through the roof, they are effectively trying to reduce demand to give them a reason to pull them out from the market. How can anyone justify the extra premium of a maxi over a standard bike? two or three extra fairings can't be that much expensive to produce!
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

richie the 1st wrote:Better still the versy in maroon saw 1 last week very nice,any chance of a photo sarge.. ;)
Maroon? MA-ROON? v' Kwacka Green?
Its like saying, "Have you got one in Beige?"
;)

barryG
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300 SS

Post by barryG »

Hmmm, they look quite nice for a modern bike but, I dont want a bike I want a Maxi ;)
Ive ridden a Yamaha XJ6 which was dreadful, very revvy and too many gears and it felt so small, likewise Hondas CBF600.

A Burger 400 and X10 are still cheaper and more my cup of tea. Shame Kawasaki wont get into scooters really, they could produce something great if theyd just open their minds a bit.

Sgt Ernie Bilko
Benefactor

barryG wrote:Hmmm, they look quite nice for a modern bike but, I dont want a bike I want a Maxi ;)
Ive ridden a Yamaha XJ6 which was dreadful, very revvy and too many gears and it felt so small, likewise Hondas CBF600.

A Burger 400 and X10 are still cheaper and more my cup of tea. Shame Kawasaki wont get into scooters really, they could produce something great if theyd just open their minds a bit.
Have to agree with you Barry. I don't want gears but do want a smooth, powerful engine, storage space, weather protection, good MPG all wrapped up in a sensible fucking price!

Are you listening BMW? Frankly £9200 for a 650 twin scooter is ridiculous.
Master Sgt E Bilko
RA15042699
Co B 3rd Platoon

barryG
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300 SS

Post by barryG »

BMW are so far up their own backsides they wont listen to us, merely inform us that we are buying a "premium" product so it costs more :lol: As most of it is Chinese or from other far Eastern countries I cant see it being premium at all. I wonder how much a Chinese company would sell the same scooter for all assembled in China... 4 grand maybe?

Sgt Ernie Bilko
Benefactor

barryG wrote:BMW are so far up their own backsides they wont listen to us, merely inform us that we are buying a "premium" product so it costs more :lol: As most of it is Chinese or from other far Eastern countries I cant see it being premium at all. I wonder how much a Chinese company would sell the same scooter for all assembled in China... 4 grand maybe?
What about the new Keeway in line four 600cc? Yamaha powered at £4k OTR! :shock: And according to sources it'll be badged as a Benelli as Keeway own the rights!
Master Sgt E Bilko
RA15042699
Co B 3rd Platoon