Strewth! Moaning Londoners (re: Almost taken out...)

For members who own little scooters.
Zed
Current Ride: Trek 7300

Strewth! Moaning Londoners (re: Almost taken out...)

Post by Zed »

:evil:

Stupid woman pedestrian ran out from right turning stationary traffic onto my green-light lane, then froze about 10m from me as i was doing 25-30mph. It was one of those time-slows-down adrenaline things, as if she stayed where she was i was going to hit her; if she ran back and i went right same, or ditto left. Fortunately i went right and she kept going ahead and we missed by inches.

Probably the real closest i've come to really taking / being taken out by a pedestrian, as most others have been super slow filtering at 5mph, and hit some with my wing-mirror, but much less dangerous. Bloody cow.

halfabusa
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC750X DCT

Re: Strewth! Almost taken out this morning

Post by halfabusa »

I get those idiots daily between london bridge and bank of england. They are worse behaving in the mornings, i guess not woken up properly yet and running around like headless chicken. Jumping out between buses looking the other way, running across with headphones on, seeing me approaching from half a mile away but still keeping on crossing because there's no other vehicle at the traffic lights, and keep crossing even when i'm 5 meters away coming at them at 40mph, etc etc etc...

Every day we commute without incident is like a lottery win now...
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

Zed

Post by Zed »

halfabusa wrote:I get those idiots daily between london bridge and bank of england. They are worse behaving in the mornings, i guess not woken up properly yet and running around like headless chicken.
Yeah, but the cold makes them worse.
This was just south of London Bridge, by that little intersection at Bedale Street:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=london+ ... 11,,0,4.45

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

I Came though there last night when it was little bit snowing,down the old kent rd,filled up with petrol at sainsburys,3 of us there just looked at one another,bit it wasent cold though. :)
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

woozy-uk
Current Ride: PCX 125

Post by woozy-uk »

i go through old kent road lots, well lots i mean daily morning and night

this morning was a nightmare too with the diversion, i also ended going up the wrong way on a road trying to get back on the right directions :S then 2 dumb bitches shouted abuse at me as they strolled across the road while the lights were green, i only hooted at them to make them realise i was heading in their direction and to get out the fuckin way

Zed

Post by Zed »

woozy-uk wrote:i go through old kent road lots, well lots i mean daily morning and night

this morning was a nightmare too with the diversion
Yeah I saw that burst water main on the news and went via Dog Kennel Hill and Camberwell this morning. Hope they fix it soon, A2 is much faster.

I forget you guys go up and down there, i'll have to toot-toot if i manage to recognise anyone :kiss:

halfabusa
Benefactor

Post by halfabusa »

yeah i swore quite a bit going through there this morning. I hope they fix it by the evening otherwise they're going to get a fresh batch of swear words, both in English and in Turkish!
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

halfabusa
Benefactor

Post by halfabusa »

Zed wrote:
halfabusa wrote:I get those idiots daily between london bridge and bank of england. They are worse behaving in the mornings, i guess not woken up properly yet and running around like headless chicken.
Yeah, but the cold makes them worse.
This was just south of London Bridge, by that little intersection at Bedale Street:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=london+ ... 11,,0,4.45
yeah i know that area, i go past there everyday too. The problem there is that there's always a queue of stationary traffic going right from the last batch of traffic lights there, and as you go straight from their left hand side, the pedestrians think that one set of traffic being stationary should mean all lanes are stopping too.

I'm beginning to think that there's a special breed of rush-hour human beings that seem to be in a trance, whether it's from cold weather or work psyche, i don't know but they certainly are suicidal...

The other week a school kid jumped on my way going past some traffic lights, only to back off at the last second. I'm glad those brakes had a rebuild recently!
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

Back in '04 i hit a pedestrian, 16 Yr Old Chineses Kid, who didn't speak any/much english... and turns out was in foster care...
Ran out from round the front of a bus he had just got off, (and i was passing) straight across the road , without even looking.... I bibbed, he stopped/froze, i hit him! - Wrecked speedfight, Dislocated Shoulder, Broken Wrist... He was OK, just a bit shaken, and wanted to go home!, I got him to stay put till the police showed up as it would of all been 'on-me' latter!

Police were OK about it all and got details etc, No Ambulances running etc so they would drop me at Lewisham if i wanted, - not likely - so my GF came to collect me and took me to Orpington hospital.

Turned out foster carers had no insurance, and there is no need to have liability insurance when foster caring!?!... So no come back / payment, compensation nothing...

Got Married 2 wks latter - in plaster!

halfabusa
Benefactor

Post by halfabusa »

old kent road still closed - just heard on lbc... i'll check again before going home. Might have to take the blackwall tunnel route today ...
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...