What have you done to your Scooter today?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Re: What have you done to your Scooter today?

Post by 2wheelover51 »

No, I started it up and checked in the sight glass, watching the oil mixing with the retained oil, and the vortex in the glass, so it was pumping around the engine ok. TBH my downloaded manual isn't very good and makes it look like the bleed procedure is part of the method for measuring the oil pressure by attaching a guage.. :oops:
Since I've already ridden the bike 10-15 miles since changing the oil I think it must be fine, but I will do the bleed test as soon as the rain goes off, probably tomorrow morning.
Is this check necessary because the oil light on the TMax is activated by oil level instead of the usual pressure activation?

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

According to my dealer yes...

My previous MK3 that never had it done for 20k miles and went through 6 changes just fine. But I thought I might as well do it with my current MK3 just to be sure... Its had two oil changes though with no bleed before I found this out from my dealer.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Stripped the front end down to gain access to the battery on my YP250R X Max. Fitted leads to battery so it could be charged via Optimate without having to strip it down again.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

2wheelover51

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Did the bleed check, all ok. Didn't even need to take off the bottom cover, just the n/s side lower covers to get my socket in then loosened by fingers. Plenty of oil seeped out but no air. :)

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

had my scorpion exhaust fitted
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

so YOU did not do any thing to your scooter today then :lol:

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

technically no lol
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

TMax panel stripped for ACF50 treatment, additional LED lighting, usb socket installation, various checks, rad clean, plastic tab repair, Headlight bulb change and a few other bits and bobs.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

2wheelover51

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Went for a good run, then gave Mr T a good wash to get the road salt off. Then after watching Bigwheelsturning's video, checked out the fasteners I'd need to undo, to fit a new rear bulb/lamp..not that it's gone, but it's good to know these things... :?

StevenM
Benefactor

Post by StevenM »

Since passing my driving test in September I have finally took the Tmax out for a spin. I had to jump it first. Took it for petrol at the bottom of my road. Then come to start it and had to jump it again. So I took it for a spin up the motorway. Just like I remembered before passing my test. I think I will service it soon.