What have you done to your Scooter today?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Re: What have you done to your Scooter today?

Post by poldark »

I've ridden 191 miles, an X9ORC rideout around the West Country starting from Travelodge at Devizes, followed by 100 mile ride home.

Where, having got back early, I did a quick oil change (0.9ltr & mesh clean).

Apart from an excellent ride the bonus was not getting wet!
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Post by rtfm »

I miss long ride outs, my work and home life don't leave much time for pointless rides any more :cry:

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

Was with Poldark on the X9 West country ride, the new Swing has been run in, oil changed and now fully evaluated, it covers miles easily, will top out at 70mph and cruise at 60mph at 8000rpm, handles very well. Very good on Fuel.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

kegelban
Current Ride: 2019 Honda NC750X

Post by kegelban »

Well, I did something to my scooter today. Was absent minded when setting off to do some food shopping, forgot about the mean abus chain shackled around the rear wheel. Quickly remembered two metres later. Hope it did not do anything nasty to the rear caliper and/or the swing arm. :(

Zed
Current Ride: Trek 7300

Post by Zed »

horobags wrote:cant test ride yet, its pissing down, and too cold. :roll:
Is mancfester under six foot of snow again? :?

scorpakid
Current Ride: x8 400i.scorpa125

Post by scorpakid »

been using the car for work recently as its a simple 20 min plod down the a2in kent.....hardly ridden me scoot for 5 weeks...so today i went out for a spin to unwind... went all the way from sidcup...to the mcdonalds in the bp garage on the a20.... sat on me bike eatin a big mac an fries.... came home thru swanley... stopped for a bar of choc and a scratchcard.... won nowt...will not be gettin the new piaggio 350 bev this week then... :?

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Went to look at the New Honda ugly scoot to ColwynBay motorcycles, better in the flesh than the pics would have you beleive.Givi already have all the kit on the web site for it,
will test ride it next week some time all booked up today. The NC700X was available but seat too high for me at 840mm, could make some dog bones for it though... :lol:

Almost forgot washed to Burger when i got home :D

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

fixed the Nexus, soon as I changed the gasket for a new one, I started it up to then mess with the nut on the throttle cable to see if it adjusts the revs down but it has now dropped to 1500 revs and is running fine... so it was the gasket.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

kayz1 wrote:Went to look at the New Honda ugly scoot to ColwynBay motorcycles, better in the flesh than the pics would have you beleive.Givi already have all the kit on the web site for it,
will test ride it next week some time all booked up today. The NC700X was available but seat too high for me at 840mm, could make some dog bones for it though... :lol:

Almost forgot washed to Burger when i got home :D
Did they also have an NC700S?

Seems to be being overlooked (not sure if that's because there's little or no stock), if there was one how was the seat height by comparison to the X, though I'm guessing "naked" isn't what you're after? :oops:
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

Noggin the Nog
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive

Post by Noggin the Nog »

Got up at 6.30 am got the Burgman washed off, and took it in for its first service for 9.00am.
Was given a lovely little Yamaha XJ6 to play on for the day.
Went back to the shop at 5.00pm to pick up the Burgman and then the heavens opened, and I got feckin soaked as was wearing my Australian (Pakistani) Bikers Gear Kevlar jeans.
friggin weather forecasts, said the rain was due tomorrow :lol:
G.