What have you done to your Scooter today?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
litl666
Benefactor
Current Ride: nil

Re: What have you done to your Scooter today?

Post by litl666 »

I have mostly sworn at my scoot so far today :( I decided would go for a ride for a spot of fishing on the canal. Not as mild today but the sun was coming out. I put the rod and bag under the seat, fixed on the net.
Got ready myself - step 1 - put on jacket and put phone and wallet in pocket. step 2 decide on 2 piece instead of just jacket. Step 3. Change into 2 piece transfer wallet etc. Step 4 helmet on. Step 5 remember house keys in other jacket. Step 6 search for scoot keys. Step 7 - remove 2 piece as scoot keys in jeans pocket. Step 8 lock front door and chat to neighbour. Step 9 - key in ignition. NOTHING!!!! Step 10. SWEAR.
:) so battery on charge now and I am thinking would a light on the dash be useful to let you know when ignition is on much like on a car that goes off when engine running? I will go out in a bit and my faith will be restored.

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Gave "Mr T" a good wash. It's amazing how much road crap a 2 hour ride in rain can collect.. :)

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

Got an email a while back from a forum lurker and SH Owner... going by the name of RARCH...
He sent me some pics of his variator strip down and dr pulley weight recomendations and instalation amongst other info on valve clearance and oil change etc.. and had a few email exchanges with this knowledgable fellow...
So some afternoon time in the garage saw me fitting some 15g Dr pulleys, re fitted the Brisk plug, to the SH, this time the tight fitting cap went on with a smear of red rubber grease...
And that was after arsing about in the morninv getting a new rear tyre for the car after a screw puncture...

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

well done paul busy day but great news its sorted
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

But more importantly how fast does it go now? :twisted:
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

Brimma
Current Ride: Forza NSS300

Post by Brimma »

Finally got round to fitting the front mudguard today

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

Deadpool
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

2wheelover51

Post by 2wheelover51 »

6000 S RS 2.jpg
6000 S RS 1.jpg
Started on Mr T's 6000 mile service. Changed oil and filter and cleaned the n/s belt case filter.
Ended up with one phillips head screw left over! :oops: doing the offside filter etc tomorrow so will have another look tomorrow. It was getting a bit cool (4 dec C) and dark as I finally put the last cover back on and zero'd the oil change indicator. :roll:
We've actually had a nice day in Dorset. Lots of areas have had snow, we've had sunshine, but cool...

2wheelover51

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Well after doing the offside items (belt case filter and coolant check) and putting the plastic back on I discovered where that one screw came from.. the second cover which comes off to remove the air filter. All back together again.
It did get me to thinking though, while the plastic was off, how difficult it would be to get at the working bits to do more involved things like valve check, replacing water pump etc. as they're pretty crowded behind that frame. There's not a lot of space.. :?

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

did you bleed the oil?
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...