More Northern riding 9th / 10th June - Whitby

Groucherino
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Re: More Northern riding 9th / 10th June - Whitby

Post by Groucherino »

Reet then (Northern member) me n' missus will be there on the 10th. Lets get good numbers on this one and thanks also to Gerard for putting together another run. See you all then.

hatter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH 300

Post by hatter »

I hope to make this one. Can I suggest a RVP of Easington Shell Sevices on A19 South bound for any NE Muppetts considering this one?
Time TBA depending on Gerrards final plans. Could meet Ady on way south too if he wishes.

Fingers
Current Ride: Maxsym 400

Post by Fingers »

For those of you who wear hi viz clothing .. check out the rules for ride of honour... only marshals to wear hi viz clothing on the ride up... also.. dont forget to take yur email receipt...just saying like ;-) :kiss:

ady
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 650 ex K7

Post by ady »

I will be setting off early to get down to sherburn for sign in, is there a plan to meet up before so we can hopefully group up?

2012 Ride Details – Squires to Catterick

Registration Verification (8.00 am – 10.15 am)

On the morning of the Ride (9th June 2012) all riders registered and paid up for the ride will need to complete Registration Verification. The Registration Verification point at Squires Café Bar will open from 8.00 am and will close at 10.15 am. Anyone who turns up after 10.15 am will not complete Registration Verification and subsequently will not be able to take part in the ride.

To complete registration verification please bring with you a printed copy of either your PayPal receipt for the ride or the email confirmation of payment sent from this website.

Once verification has been completed you will receive your FREE commemorative T-Shirt (Riders Only) and a tag to place on your bike.

***IMPORTANT*** – The Tag you are given for your bike must be fastened around your LEFT HAND (Nearside) WING MIRROR. Without this tag clearly on display around your left hand wing mirror you will not gain entry into Marne Barracks and will be turned around by the soldiers manning the gate. Security levels are very high at the barracks and it is vital these tags are clearly displayed in the correct location on your bike.

Departing Squires (10.45 am)

We hope to be departing Squires at around 10.45 am and join the A1(M) North heading to Catterick. A gentle reminder that this ride is not a race or competition, it is a ride to show our respect and gratitude to those brave members of our Armed Forces. Our team of Marshals will instruct you what to do and control the departure of bikes from the car park at Squires. Please ensure you ride with respect for other road users, and adhere to all traffic signals, junction markings, and rules of the road. WE DO NOT have priority over any other road users so if you are required to give way at a junction, traffic light or roundabout you must do so. Marshals will clearly mark any junctions or turns so there is no need to worry about getting split up or lost.

A full Safety Brief will be released before the ride, please ensure you have read this once it is available.

Arriving at Catterick (Approx 12.00 pm)

For safety reasons we will leave the A1 above Catterick and then double back through the village heading to a Car Park opposite Catterick Racecourse. Here we will all assemble and then be released in small groups to head towards Marne Barracks. Once you have reached the gates at Marne Barracks, Soldiers will visually verify that you have a tag clearly displayed on you left hand wing mirror and may ask to inspect any luggage, top boxes or panniers you have. For this reason we request that you keep luggage to a minimum to assist the Soldiers in being able to clear you through the gates as quickly as possible. Please note that these security checks could also include a pat down on any biker or pillion. Anyone refusing to undergo these security checks will be refused entry into Marne Barracks.

At Marne Barracks (12.00 pm – 3.30 pm)

Once inside Marne Barracks please follow directions and instructions given by the Soldiers/Marshals and head to the designated parking areas on the runway to park up your bike.

There will be toilet facilities, and refreshment/food vans* available.

*All profits from any food sales will be going towards a lasting memorial for the soldiers who lost their lives during the regiments last deployment to Afghanistan.

There will also be a display of some of the latest hardware and vehicles that will be getting deployed into operation in Afghanistan later this year.

The perimeter of the event area will be manned by armed soldiers, please do not try to leave the confines of the event area as due to the heightened security, many areas of the Barracks are strictly out of bounds. The only exit point is back through the same gates you entered through.

You are free to leave the Barracks at any time you like, all that we ask is that you avoid leaving in large groups and take care when re-joining the A1 as the slip roads at Marne Barracks are very short.

We hope that you have an enjoyable day and join us in showing our united appreciation and respect to our armed forces.

Ride to remember those who have fallen, and honour those who are serving…

ady
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 650 ex K7

Post by ady »

Regarding a possible ride out after getting to Catterick i am happy to follow but how about a ride up to Tan Hill?

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

I think I'll give this one a miss, i don't care for crowds or large groups. i hope the weather stays fine for you all, and there is a good turn out,I support the "Afghan Heroes" charity myself. Out of interest where is this Squires cafe? :)

JimB
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650 Exec

Post by JimB »

I've got to say I'm getting confused by this thread...is this in relation to the ride out to Whitby on the Sunday....or the Ride of Honour on the Saturday?

I'm trying to work the Whitby one in but most of the recent posts seem to be about the Ride of Honour which, I believe, has a separate thread.

If this thread is about Whitby on the Sunday could someone remind of the exact place and time of the originating departure?

JimB

Gerard C
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Post by Gerard C »

Hi Jim

Just to clarify - The Ride Of Honour is on Saturday. Whitby is on Sunday. Theres a few of us doing the ROH - one of which is Ady. Ady cannot do the Sunday run ro Whitby so we are having a run out with him on the Saturday after the ROH.

On Sunday we are meeting up on Sunday at the Ceder Court, Junction 39 M1 - time to be advised. Ladies will be attending. Well Wives anyway.

Then its off to Whitby meeting up with other en route. I will post times later.

burgerman
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda FJS600 Silverwing

Post by burgerman »

Sorry, not going to be able to make this one, duty calls. :( (Well, work actually. Staff shortages again!) Hopefully be able to meet up some other time. Hope it's a good day.
As I grow older, my mind doesn't just wander......sometimes it buggers off completely!!
You can't avoid growing up, but you can be immature all your life!

Gerard C
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Post by Gerard C »

Setting off from Wakefield at 9. We will be in Whitby by lunchtime so if you feel like joining us see you outside the famous Fishshop which I can't recall - its my age. At about 12.30.