Mini Muppet to be

For members who own little scooters.
poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Re: Mini Muppet to be

Post by poldark »

mightbesane wrote:I'm about to be banned for life for this, but...

I don't know how many times I've seen For Sale ads that say. "I bought this for my wife/daughter but she decided that she doesn't like riding on two wheels." So, have you considered starting your daughter out on a cheap Chinese clone? If you're handy with a wrench you can keep them running long enough to get her accustomed to riding. If she bails out, or if she forgets to lock it down and it gets nicked, you've saved yourself considerable cash. And if she decides that she likes scootering, sell the clone to some chav and buy her a 'real' scooter.

OK. Beat me up. I can take it.
But if he buys a used SH125 and she doesn't get on with it he's likely to be able to sell it for what he paid for it. If a cheap Chinese bike is bought far more likely to not find anyone who wants it at all!
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

Mr Angry wrote:Honda SH125i appears to be unbreakable, nice large wheels for the potholes and excellent performance.
I Am on my 2nd Honda sh125,but it is very tall,so if she has little legs try the Honda ps125. :)
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

mightbesane
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K4

Post by mightbesane »

poldark wrote:But if he buys a used SH125 and she doesn't get on with it he's likely to be able to sell it for what he paid for it. If a cheap Chinese bike is bought far more likely to not find anyone who wants it at all!
If we're talking about a good, used name-brand scoot versus new Chinese, you're probably right. If we're talking about a new Honda versus new Chinese, that's different.
Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. ~Frank ZappaImage

SpikeOne
Current Ride: Kymco Downtown 300i

Post by SpikeOne »

I'd go for the Vespa.
However, Kymco have just broaght out the 125 version of the Downtown.
Might be worth a look...
Spike

Kymco Downtown 300i
Yamaha Vity
MZ ETZ251
Honda CD175
Honda CB250 G5
BSA Bantam D14/4
BSA Sunbeam
Honda C50

gn2

Post by gn2 »

125 Downtown is a bit expensive compared to the competition, a Honda S-Wing is only £350 more and it comes with a colour matched top-box as standard.