If Harley Davidson made computers

Have a guess what this section is for? Yes that's right children, it's the place to post all your jokes and funny stuff.
melpotter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Sym JoyMax GTS 300i

Post by melpotter »

If Harley Davidson made computers this would be the advert :lol:

http://youtu.be/PHpa0kE86MA
I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on tape somewhere.

halfabusa
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC750X DCT

Re: If Harley Davidson made computers

Post by halfabusa »

:D nice one
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

MjW
Current Ride: TMax 2009 ABS

Post by MjW »

Lmao.

Harleys are very popular in Sweden.
The only thing I like about them is that when you do 50mph it feels like 100mph.

TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk

ridinhigh
Current Ride: GTS 300

Post by ridinhigh »

I have to say my Harley never gave a bit of trouble, ok ride was very agricultural, it didnt corner well or stop!!,
but it didnt break, i got more money for it when i sold it, than i paid for it new
and what was very noticeable,was if harley was parked up passers bye would look at it, wherease my sport bikes didnt get a look
they do not lose money,all my other bikes did

wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Post by wozza »

MjW wrote:Lmao.

The only thing I like about them is that when you do 50mph it feels like 100mph.

TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk

Have you ever been on a Harley at 50mph? I can assure you it certainly doesn't feel like a 100 at all, especially with an engine probably only turning over at around 2000rpm at that speed. It makes for pretty relaxed cruising at 70mph plus.
SEAT MO

wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Post by wozza »

ridinhigh wrote:I have to say my Harley never gave a bit of trouble, ok ride was very agricultural, it didnt corner well or stop!!,
but it didnt break, i got more money for it when i sold it, than i paid for it new
and what was very noticeable,was if harley was parked up passers bye would look at it, wherease my sport bikes didnt get a look
they do not lose money,all my other bikes did

You should try one of the modern ones, brakes have improved, but still could be better. New tourers are now fitted with Brembos. Even handling has improved markedly over the last 10 years. My Street Bob is pretty good indeed and is also flickable around the bends.

It does seem to be the case that the general public notice them more.
SEAT MO

ridinhigh

Post by ridinhigh »

im sure my sportster had cross ply tyres ,and the public if i was about on near it would always remark about it

even lady in post office when i went to tax it said is that your silver harley,outside i said,she said i didnt think they made that small 1200,
last i taxed was 1800cc ,mine was a year 2001,

P,S i cant afford a new now :(

MjW
Current Ride: TMax 2009 ABS

Post by MjW »

wozza wrote:
MjW wrote:Lmao.

TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk

Have you ever been on a Harley at 50mph? I can assure you it certainly doesn't feel like a 100 at all, especially with an engine probably only turning over at around 2000rpm at that speed. It makes for pretty relaxed cruising at 70mph plus.
I've done 110mph on a Harley.

My point was that you don't have to ride fast to feel the speed. The 50-100 was just an example.

TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk

ridinhigh

Post by ridinhigh »

LOL do harleys go that fast mine didnt icon_power-ranger.gif

mightbesane
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K4

Post by mightbesane »

It's time for an American Muppet to chime in.

Harley has made a lot of different bikes over the years, but everybody pictures the decked out, honking big highway cruiser. They're like Cadillacs - symbols of ease and luxury, made in America for Americans. Like Caddies, Harleys are not the best designed, best manufactured, best performing vehicles on the highway. They're getting better but they are far from the best. Unlike Cadillacs, Harleys turn heads both here and abroad. Folks walk by my Burger like they haven't seen it.

So if you're looking to make an impression, can't beat a decked out, honking big Harley. Even if you go to Europe or Japan for design, fit, and finish in a highway cruiser, the odds are that your cruiser owes a lot to a Harley.
Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. ~Frank ZappaImage