BMW C600 Sport test ride

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
DougL
Global Moderator
Current Ride: R1200GS

Re: BMW C600 Sport test ride

Post by DougL »

That transmission design looks very familiar. The variator is on the outside just like the TMAX. More copy and paste going on? I like the way they have done the balancer shaft rather than a dummy piston.

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

rtfm wrote:
StephenC wrote:
barryG wrote:I spoke to 3X a few weeks back, they said its doubtful they will be bringing anything Pug over 125cc to the UK for the forseeable.
Bye bye Peugeot. Now, who wants my money?
Piaggio does - X10 350 8-)
Quite possible.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

yellowMax wrote: I like the way they have done the balancer shaft rather than a dummy piston.
Thats an interesting question...is it a case of aesthetic taste or engineering efficiency??? The TMax's dummy piston is one of those bonkers sounding ideas that is actually very elegant when you think about it. As we see, it works well. However, though there are disadvantages - for one thing it makes the engine quite long, and I suspect, from an engineering design standpoint, it is somewhat less flexible than a balancer shaft design. I don't think you could do a 270 degree crank on the TMax's design....thankfully!!!! The balancer piston has to reduce efficiency, but there again, balancer shafts also take power to drive, so who knows what would be better. The BMW F800 has a different idea again, some sort of additional conrod if I remember correctly.

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor
Current Ride: BMW C Evo Yamaha T Max 560

Post by tmaxrobbo »

I enjoyed my test ride . Deal was my 61 plate White T Max plus £4350 , so I will leave it for now . The C600 went very well , not as flickable as my T Max , quick though , taller so needed a bit more input on corners , but when used to it handles like a T Max. Nice storage design all the Toys on the highline . i will wait until next year when prices may drop a bot .

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

tmaxrobbo wrote:I enjoyed my test ride . . The C600 went very well , not as flickable as my T Max , quick though , taller so needed a bit more input on corners , but when used to it handles like a T Max. Nice storage design all the Toys on the highline . .
Yes, thats the word - not as flickable as the TMax. It needs a bit more input, so you need to get to used to it a bit - which I didn't on my ride. Hate the storage - good idea badly done - and I would rather not pay £800 for Highline things I'm never going to use!!

DougL
Global Moderator
Current Ride: R1200GS

Post by DougL »

I think it is flickable. It is just different. I picked mine up yesterday but haven't ridden it in anger yet, just pottered around so the full story will just have to wait! I have been installing bits and bobs on it (mostly RAM mounts for camera and Garmin) and am pretty impressed with what I have found. Despite the looks of the headset plastic, it is very well screwed together and each screw had a dab of blue loctite on it. There was already power for the Nav unit at the handlebars. I also took out some big bolts at the exhaust. Guess what? They had that lovely silver coloured German anti-seize on them. Yamaha certainly don't do either of those things. The paint quality is flawless too. The only thing that still bugs me is that finish on the transmission casing. :evil:

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

yellowMax wrote: Guess what? They had that lovely silver coloured German anti-seize on them. Yamaha certainly don't do either of those things. The paint quality is flawless too. The only thing that still bugs me is that finish on the transmission casing. :evil:
Yes...I discovered yesterday that TMaxes are made in Barcelona these days, where as the early ones were built in Japan - I thought the mk3 wasn't quite as well built as the mk1/2!!

As for the BMW transmission casing, I had a look at one yesterday, and it wasn't the quality of the casting that struck me, but that the two halves of the casing were slightly different colours!! I guess once it get covers in mud and other road crap, you'll never notice!!!!

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor
Current Ride: BMW C Evo Yamaha T Max 560

Post by tmaxrobbo »

Have finally taken the plunge sold my GSA and T max and ordered a Cosmic Blue C600 sport . The only bike I will need for the next 2 years , I hope so anyway . Looking forward to it , less is more etc .Can't wait , Highline with DLRL and arse warmer :D

MjW
Current Ride: TMax 2009 ABS

Post by MjW »

Congrats man! The blue c600 is one of the most beautiful scooters on the market.

On the move with Tapatalk

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

tmaxrobbo wrote:Have finally taken the plunge sold my GSA and T max and ordered a Cosmic Blue C600 sport . The only bike I will need for the next 2 years , I hope so anyway . Looking forward to it , less is more etc .Can't wait , Highline with DLRL and arse warmer :D
Congrats....enjoy the noise! Won't be able to call yourself TmaxRobbo in future now will you!