Big Pugs

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Captain-insane25
Current Ride: SYM Voyager GTS 250i

Re: Big Pugs - Metropolis official launch

Post by Captain-insane25 »

StephenC wrote:Right, here we are then, the official launch of the Metropolis, Pug's own MP3. And like Mottza said, it's at least a better looker.

Significantly, no mention of ABS. I wonder if it was too costly to engineer?

Peugeot unveils the three-wheeled scooter Metropolis 400i 2013

It is now official, Peugeot will have a three-wheeled scooter in its range for 2013: Metropolis 400i. Released in its final version, the Mondial de l'Automobile, the three-wheeled car has a style and the most enticing array of amenities to shake the competition.

In her white dress, more elegant than the matte gray / orange concept, Metroplis 2013 400i has elegant lines

In addition to its motor 400 cm3 stamped Peugeot and TTW (Tilting Twin wheels), based on a deformable parallelogram double wishbone (associated with two mixers connected by a single horizontal hydraulic damper), Metropolis 400i 2013 has a flat floor and is already making a difference at the level of equipment as standard. Unlike Piaggio MP3 LT, as it offers adjustable driver space, retractable footrests for passenger, a lockable glove box and storage annex on the left side, a manually adjustable windscreen and a trip computer with a tyre pressure indicator on the digital dashboard. Braking side, the three-wheel linked brake lever is also available at the left, in addition to the pedal to the floor disposed. Metropolis 400i also has a electric parking brake, and as the three-wheeled Italian bestseller French market, an electronic locking of tilt at low speed, in order to park anywhere but especially to avoid put ashore at any stop.

Available in spring 2013
Another innovation in the segment two and three wheels, the 400i is started via Metropolis Smart Key Peugeot, thereby offering to dispense switch and lock. Operator side, only the new Peugeot 400 cm3 block injection is available. He develops a power of 35 hp, which is quite comparable to the power of three wheels transalpine 400 cm3, but the Peugeot shows naturally less swift than the MP3 500 LT (also available on B permit). Metroplis disembark the concession next spring, "market price" says the manufacturer.

Main technical characteristics:
399 cm3 cylinder, SOHC, 4-valve
Maximum power: 35 hp. (25.6 kW) at 7000 r / min
Torque: 3.8 daN.m to 5250 rev / min
Tilt Train AV TTW deformable parallelogram double wishbone + horizontal hydraulic monoshock with adjustable preload
2 shock rear adjustable preload
Brakes Front 200 mm disc 2
Rear brake 240 mm disc 1
Front tire 120/70 x 12
Rear tire 140/70 x 14
Dimensions (L x W): 2160 x 745 mm
Seat height 780 mm
Wheelbase 1555 mm
Curb Weight 258 kg
13 liters tank

Standard equipment:
Adjustable driver backrest
PNR (???)
Retractable passenger footrests
Space for 1 full + 1 half jet helmet-type screen
Lockable glove box
Storage cubby
curry hook
Manually adjustable windscreen
Smart Key Dongle
On Board computer
Tyre pressure indicator
Integral brake lever to the left and the brake pedal
Electric parking brake
Tilt lock
Backlit control of warning
Seat cover
12V
Anti-theft transponder
Centrestand

Where about's would the fuel go, there isn't a tunnel where there would normally be on a scooter this large?.
I'm not crazy, just ask my camel steve!.

Where we come from and where we are going are all the same.

Yamaha Xmax 125i (written off, my bad).
Yamaha Xmax 250i (written off be some Yank Prick).
SYM Voyager GTS 250i (hope this one last's!).

wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Re: Big Pugs

Post by wozza »

Somehow I still don't think this is right road to go down.

I wonder how the MP3 is selling these days?
SEAT MO

DougL
Global Moderator
Current Ride: R1200GS

Post by DougL »

wozza wrote:Somehow I still don't think this is right road to go down.

I wonder how the MP3 is selling these days?
Absolutely lots. In London they are common and if you ever go to Paris or Nice, they are everywhere. My local dealer sells quite a few.

Haggishunter
Benefactor
Current Ride: None but looking

Post by Haggishunter »

And if I can get my Burgman sold shortly there will be one more on the road! :D

SpikeOne
Current Ride: Kymco Downtown 300i

Post by SpikeOne »

For once I actually like a 3 wheeler.
That I would be seen dead on!
Spike

Kymco Downtown 300i
Yamaha Vity
MZ ETZ251
Honda CD175
Honda CB250 G5
BSA Bantam D14/4
BSA Sunbeam
Honda C50

wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Post by wozza »

Well I'm out voted there then..... :lol: I've only ever seen about 3 on the road and the last time I saw one was absolutely ages ago.
SEAT MO

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Fuel - the Satelis has a small tunnel and the filler is on that. Available photos of the Metropolis don't seem to clearly show the filler, but it is either on the enlarged (over the Sat) front legshield or at the base of the front of the saddle - both places look to have openings there.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Captain-insane25
Current Ride: SYM Voyager GTS 250i

Post by Captain-insane25 »

OK, ta!.
I'm not crazy, just ask my camel steve!.

Where we come from and where we are going are all the same.

Yamaha Xmax 125i (written off, my bad).
Yamaha Xmax 250i (written off be some Yank Prick).
SYM Voyager GTS 250i (hope this one last's!).

irev
Current Ride: AN400

Post by irev »

So, it's a tilter, it's got a 400 motor and it's got some leccy gizmo that removes the requirement for the `driver` to put a foot down?

So why not lower and recline the seat? - the steering assembly could easily by made more `horizontal` than `vertical` to lower the front end, which could also be more enclosing and aerodynamic. The space freed could be used for an additional `boot` increasing storage space

Why not wrap the sides to provide a `door` for protection and lowered drag? - there's no requirement for a foot down at a standstill and the increased protection would encourage more to take to two - er, three - wheels.

Making a MP3 clone is such a shortsighted philosophy, especially as late as this - most MP3 buyers have already bought an MP3... what Peugeot need to do is plough their own furrow, not mindlessly ape something that has already been done, well, by others.
No door is closed to an open mind.
Except a closed door, which a mind can't open, but even a stupid hand can.

rintintin
Benefactor
Current Ride: HONDA Forza 300

Post by rintintin »

Totally agree.....just a variation on a theme.
I had a 250 MP3 for a year and a half, and although I really enjoyed it, I found the maintenance costs daunting, went back to 2 wheels (Xevo 400)
and now an X10 350, both of which I enjoyed more.
"TO BE IS TO DO" (Kant) .................. "TO DO IS TO BE" (Nietzsche) ................."DO BE DO BE DO" (Sinatra)