Aprilia Sport Cube 300?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Taipan
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC700X DCT Tmax mk2

Re: Aprilia Sport Cube 300?

Post by Taipan »

First thing will have to be a screen! I've never had a scooter or bike that gives you such direct wind blast! You got a screen on yours MC? I like the look of the PUIG universal city touring but wonder if its tall enough to do anything? Looks okay on teh bike though, http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/show ... ght=screen

The scoot is taking some getting used to. The bars are quite low and I'm tall so barely see the bike when I'm riding. It seems very odd to have no bike out in front of you! Feels like (a much quicker version of) my sons NRG! :lol:

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Taipan wrote:First thing will have to be a screen! I've never had a scooter or bike that gives you such direct wind blast! You got a screen on yours MC? I like the look of the PUIG universal city touring but wonder if its tall enough to do anything? Looks okay on teh bike though, http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/show ... ght=screen

The scoot is taking some getting used to. The bars are quite low and I'm tall so barely see the bike when I'm riding. It seems very odd to have no bike out in front of you! Feels like (a much quicker version of) my sons NRG! :lol:
Sounds so like the SH! Especially compared to the Tmax which was like riding a Torpedo in comparison, with the mirrors seemingly unfeasibly far away in front of you!

masterchop
Current Ride: Burgman K3 400

Post by masterchop »

No I haven't got a screen but if I did it would be the puig one. The aprilia ones are horrible in my opinion.

I don't notice the wind blast now. It's normal to me I guess.
Single cylinder rumbler

Taipan
Benefactor

Post by Taipan »

masterchop wrote:No I haven't got a screen but if I did it would be the puig one. The aprilia ones are horrible in my opinion.

I don't notice the wind blast now. It's normal to me I guess.
I'm noticing it less nw i've ridden ita few miles. Still think II'll need one for the forthcoming winter, assuming I keep the bike.

In other news, my Dr Pulley stuff arrived from SIP Scooters yesterday. The spanners will be coming out tomorrow! 8-)

Taipan
Benefactor

Post by Taipan »

I wanted to check the clutch shoes but couldn't get the clutch bell off. Gave up in the end as the weather started to turn and I didn't want the bike left in pieces during the rain. However I did manage to fit the Dr pulleys. When I looked at the rollers that were fitted they were absolutely shot. Some of the alloy material had broken away from two of the rollers, which may have been what snapped my belt?

New Dr Pulleys make the bike feel completely different. Seems a bit more vibey in the midrange though?

Taipan
Benefactor

Post by Taipan »

Cobbled a screen from a Leonardo 250 on to the Sc250! Almost looks OEM! To be honest I hate it, but I'm skint, it works, it didn't cost me anything and winter is coming!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Taipan wrote:Cobbled a screen from a Leonardo 250 on to the Sc250! Almost looks OEM! To be honest I hate it, but I'm skint, it works, it didn't cost me anything and winter is coming!
Look...
1) It cost you nothing
2) It works!!!!

Sounds like a brilliant job to me!!! :D
And it should give you a warm glow of achievement! Who gives a monkeys if it looks weird !!!!!

Taipan
Benefactor

Post by Taipan »

you're right of course and as it mounts to the mirrors, its literally loosen 2 allen bolts and its back off again!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Taipan wrote:you're right of course and as it mounts to the mirrors, its literally loosen 2 allen bolts and its back off again!
And it gives you a degree of hand protection as well!

Taipan
Benefactor

Post by Taipan »

Put about 3000 miles on this scoot now. What can I say about it, well very little really. Cant particularly fault it as it just keeps going and returns 80+ to the gallon. But, well, I just dont like it. It feels like a moped and too small for me? I suppose I just miss a Maxi scoot. I reckon I'll keep it until summer and then go back to a Tmax. :)