Just returned to the forum

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Enfielder2000
Current Ride: No scooter

Just returned to the forum

Post by Enfielder2000 »

Hi all

I was on this forum a couple of years ago when I had Honda Foresight. I had bought that to use for back and for to work. However I only used it for pleasure and when I retired I sold it to concentrate on my Royal Enfields.

I'm now fancying another maxi, I really like the T-max, but I'm a bit put off by the lack of storage space. Can you get a full face helmet under the seat

I've just seen a local advert for a 2002 T-Max, just serviced with new drive belt. The bike has done 12,000 miles and he's looking for £2,300. This seems a lot to me for a 10 year old bike, and is at the top end of what I want to spend.

What do you think

Derek

Deleted User 62

Re: Just returned to the forum

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Hi..yes you can get a full face helmet under the T.Max seat...and a little bit more too.

Thats alot of ££££,s for a 10 year old scoot....seen them cheaper.

Oh, and welcome back :D

halfabusa
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC750X DCT

Post by halfabusa »

you can fit a full face but it may need precision in the angle you place it. If you're not in a hurry, you can get mine around january for a lot cheaper ;) although it's got some battle scars from commuting into london
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

A full face helmet easily fits in the Tmax (upside down) - loads-of-room! And there is room for other bits and pieces (eg gloves) as well. I once even squeezed a helmet plus a (thin) armoured bike jacket in there! Also takes a decent sized bag (though not as well as the helmet!).
A Tmax plus topbox gives ample storage for most purposes.

maxine500
Current Ride: T-Max Street Triple R

Post by maxine500 »

Mr Grumpy is right. I've done a decent grocery shop. Also the pillion seat has carried tent and sleeping bags too!!

StevenM
Benefactor

Post by StevenM »

Enfielder2000 wrote:Hi all

I was on this forum a couple of years ago when I had Honda Foresight. I had bought that to use for back and for to work. However I only used it for pleasure and when I retired I sold it to concentrate on my Royal Enfields.

I'm now fancying another maxi, I really like the T-max, but I'm a bit put off by the lack of storage space. Can you get a full face helmet under the seat

I've just seen a local advert for a 2002 T-Max, just serviced with new drive belt. The bike has done 12,000 miles and he's looking for £2,300. This seems a lot to me for a 10 year old bike, and is at the top end of what I want to spend.

What do you think

Derek
Have you thought about the burgman 400. I can get 2 helmets plus a biker jacker under there. loads of room.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

maxine500 wrote:Mr Grumpy is right. I've done a decent grocery shop. Also the pillion seat has carried tent and sleeping bags too!!
Though the rear hinged seat on the mk3 is a real swine as it means that soft bags and things strapped to the seat fowl the rear back rest and/or topbox.

maxine500
Current Ride: T-Max Street Triple R

Post by maxine500 »

Hmm lucky I have stuck to my Mk 1 then :-)