Back to the 750 TMax rumours.

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Back to the 750 TMax rumours.

Post by MrGrumpy »

Curious story here....(OK, I know its Visordown who can't be trusted on anything). Apart from the main story about Yamaha's sportsbikes being triples, it even claims that Yamaha did develop and test a 750 Triple version of the TMax. Reality, or deranged rumour thats got exaggerated with repeating?

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-new ... 21621.html

Also of minor interest, in this week's MCN, they were talking about Yamaha's new triple engine, and there was speculation that it would have some sort of dummy balancer piston just like the TMax. Didn't read the whole story as I didn't actually want to buy MCN, just browsed it in Smiths....

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Re: Back to the 750 TMax rumours.

Post by charles1976 »

interesting!! i reckon they should stick a 750 in the tmax, after all its down on power v bmw, also a little surprised suzuki didnt increase the power of the burgman!!

irev
Current Ride: AN400

Post by irev »

Nah, downsize to a 400 twin (anyone who's ridden a SW-T400 knows that's the sweet spot for scooter motors, 400 twin), give it a tiny turbo to boost torque, shave a few kilos and get the TMAX as far from the lardybus market as possible.

We really still don't have a genuine super-sports scooter (I don't count the Aprilia). Mind you we don't have a propoer off-road style scooter either, (unless you count NC700X). Given the hundreds of thousands of GS's and clones hopping curbs all over the world, that's a curious omission.
No door is closed to an open mind.
Except a closed door, which a mind can't open, but even a stupid hand can.

pikey

Post by pikey »

I agree tmax is a sports scooter why make it heavier is anyone going full throttle everywhere and finding it slow I doubt it doesnt need any more power or weight

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

pikey wrote:I agree tmax is a sports scooter why make it heavier is anyone going full throttle everywhere and finding it slow I doubt it doesnt need any more power or weight
I always could do with a bit more power.....however much you have!

halfabusa
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC750X DCT

Post by halfabusa »

pikey wrote:I agree tmax is a sports scooter why make it heavier is anyone going full throttle everywhere and finding it slow I doubt it doesnt need any more power or weight
My Mk1 feels slower than my old k3 burgman 650 used to be in the traffic lights gp, but that could be due to the burgman's power button increasing the revs picking up from standing start. Also i could do with a bit more top end on the motorways :twisted:

I don't know how MK2, MK3 or MK4 tmaxes are though, so i only base this on my MK1's performance.
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

pikey

Post by pikey »

Do you miss the weight of the 650 burger

halfabusa
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC750X DCT

Post by halfabusa »

definitely not!!!! i can't count the times i stretched my back trying to move it about in my driveway. It was also too wide to hold on as well as being heavier than the tmax.

On one occasion, i even had to pull it backwards from the garden and out on my driveway with a seized front caliper. Imagine trying to pull a burgman 650 with a a fully locked front wheel backwards. Not a good memory
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Post by rtfm »

MrGrumpy wrote:
I always could do with a bit more power.....however much you have!
It's acceleration that's lacking IMO. Top end speed beyond 100mph or so is wasted on everyday use but you can always utilise acceleration.

What would you rather have, a 0-60 in 6 secs, 140mph top speed or a 0-60 in 3 secs with 100mph top speed? The latter is far more useful imo.

BenR
Current Ride: Aprilia Atlantic sprint 500

Post by BenR »

rtfm wrote:
What would you rather have, a 0-60 in 6 secs, 140mph top speed or a 0-60 in 3 secs with 100mph top speed? The latter is far more useful imo.

I'd rather have 0-60 in 3secs & 140mph top end.