Back to the 750 TMax rumours.

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Deeping
Benefactor
Current Ride: t-max + xv1100

Re: Back to the 750 TMax rumours.

Post by Deeping »

Some bikes I have had I would settle for 0 to 60 in any time
Never instal version 1.0

rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Post by rtfm »

Deeping wrote:Some bikes I have had I would settle for 0 to 60 in any time
Reminds me of the Honda Dylan on my test. The examiner gave me two minors for being too slow on the national speed limit roads. I didn't tell him that I was wot and the damn thing wouldn't go any faster :lol: :lol:

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

i never had any problems with my dylan,it did 60/70 no prob's...as for tmax power, malossi..springs to mind.it worked on mine it had awesome pick up.i don't know what wieghts were used as already fitted when i bought it..
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

irev
Current Ride: AN400

Post by irev »

BenR wrote:
rtfm wrote:
What would you rather have, a 0-60 in 6 secs, 140mph top speed or a 0-60 in 3 secs with 100mph top speed? The latter is far more useful imo.

I'd rather have 0-60 in 3secs & 140mph top end.
I'd rather have 0-60 in 6 secs and 140mpg... far more useful than either 100mph or a `saved` three seconds. Throw in 50 kilos less weight and a 50% larger fuel tank so you could potentially go 500 miles or more without bothering Mr Shell and service intervals at 25,000 miles and I think you'd be getting close to the relative efficiency of microcars.
No door is closed to an open mind.
Except a closed door, which a mind can't open, but even a stupid hand can.

rtfm

Post by rtfm »

phantom309 wrote:i never had any problems with my dylan,it did 60/70 no prob's...as for tmax power, malossi..springs to mind.it worked on mine it had awesome pick up.i don't know what wieghts were used as already fitted when i bought it..
I'm very large though, at the time I was over 120kg and I'm 6'2 so the poor little Dylan did struggle. I had it up to around 60mph with a long enough run up but on an incline there was no chance! It was a fantastic scoot though and even coped up to about 55mph with me taking a pillion after I passed (only once mind!)
irev wrote:
BenR wrote: I'd rather have 0-60 in 6 secs and 140mpg... far more useful than either 100mph or a `saved` three seconds. Throw in 50 kilos less weight and a 50% larger fuel tank so you could potentially go 500 miles or more without bothering Mr Shell and service intervals at 25,000 miles and I think you'd be getting close to the relative efficiency of microcars.
That would be lovely Irev, maybe 200mpg+ possible with a diesel engine?

But it's never going to happen, especially now we're going to have all this electric eco bollox shite foisted on us so smug twats can zoom around on their milk floats with a 30 mile range blissfully unware that their batteries are made from massively polluting rare earth metals.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

halfabusa wrote: My Mk1 feels slower than my old k3 burgman 650 used to be in the traffic lights gp, but that could be due to the burgman's power button increasing the revs picking up from standing start. Also i could do with a bit more top end on the motorways :twisted:

I don't know how MK2, MK3 or MK4 tmaxes are though, so i only base this on my MK1's performance.
The mk2 & 3 were siginficantly faster than the mk1, especially at higher speeds. When I got off my Burger 650 onto a mk3 Tmax, I thought the performance was every bit as good as the Burger, especially at higher speeds, where you'd expect the Burger's extra power to come into play.

Jedburgh
Current Ride: Tmax 530

Post by Jedburgh »

IMO the T-max does not need to go to 750 and I don't think Yamaha will go there (I've a feeling I may eat those words) The bike will be too heavy and ruin it's urban agility, folks who live and ride out of town will buy the more conventional motorcycles as they are more interested in outright performance. The mk3 T-max has very good performance what would be nice is more torque and they they have addressed that with the 530. I've had loads of bikes but the T-max is the best I've had for the type of riding I do - mainly in town with the odd out of town blast/distance trip. Be interesting to see how many Aprillia SRV850's sell in this country.

DougL
Global Moderator
Current Ride: R1200GS

Post by DougL »

Given the unreliability of the GP800, I'd be very surprised if they sold any. Two of my friends have the Gilera and one was off road for nearly a year awaiting a repair and the other is currently o/s. I believe it was cooling/cylinder issues that got both.

Jedburgh
Current Ride: Tmax 530

Post by Jedburgh »

Agreed, My local bike shop has given up on Aprillia due to poor reliability and the support and spares back up (or lack of). Aside from that I don't think there would be much of a market for it anyway - too heavy and overpowered for a scooter and too much like a scooter to get folks off their R1's etc. Anyone with any sense knows it's not just the numbers that make a good bike. I used to have a Kawasaki ZX10 (the old heavy one) the most powerful production bike when it came out, but a CBR600 could ride it into the weeds and was far superior in every department except top speed.

rtfm

Post by rtfm »

yellowMax wrote:Given the unreliability of the GP800, I'd be very surprised if they sold any. Two of my friends have the Gilera and one was off road for nearly a year awaiting a repair and the other is currently o/s. I believe it was cooling/cylinder issues that got both.
Shhhh, you're not allowed to criticize the GP800 on the forum. shitting-it.gif

As I've learned, it's an exceptionally reliable, well made scoot with enough room for sumo wrestlers and NBA basketball players and very cheap to service with nothing more that an elastic band, egg box and some prit-stick.

icon_lies.gif