bulb changing on x8 400..?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
scorpakid
Current Ride: x8 400i.scorpa125

bulb changing on x8 400..?

Post by scorpakid »

i am about to try fit new front headlight bulb and a new tail light stop bulb on my x8 400....

looks like its going to be a tupperware party at mine.. :(

i was expecting easy access especially to the rear bulb... but its looking like a 10 minute job that ends up 2 hours with plenty of swearing :lol:

any advice on making this easy would be appreciated before i pull it to bits... thanks..

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Re: bulb changing on x8 400..?

Post by Data »

Surely not! I thought Piaggio were thoughtfully put together. Have to confess I've never had to do what you are wanting to do so I'm light on proper advice, but do you have the manual for the bike? Most bikes are not difficult and there is normally an easy way. :o
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

Both my B125 and my Nexus are a pain in the arse when it comes to changing bulbs, TMax though is a piece of piss. Piaggio don't expect the bulbs to blow obviously.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

jamie
Benefactor
Current Ride: sport city 300 .. gtr 1400

Post by jamie »

head lights a pain in the arse you have take both mirrors off , remove the small panel above the headlight held on with 4 screws you have to remove the indicators then three screws hold the head light in ... the 1 underneath the headlight can be a bit of a bugger to get out ... but its a fairly easy job just a bit time comsuming ..back light is very easy there is good access in the boot to take the whole tail light out is just two screws

scorpakid

Post by scorpakid »

thanks for help ...especially with the front mirrors etc..... gonna be a tupperware session i know it..! :D

DJACID
Current Ride: XEvo

Post by DJACID »

I bought Xeon bulbs over a month ago now and still have changed them,
On the xevo there's like 10 screws to remove

scorpakid

Post by scorpakid »

sorted it.... pulled it apart...made MUCH easier with the advice from fellow muppets... managed to fit new speedo cable.. a job id been avoiding for months now....
the lights were straightforward...the only prob was i had new headlight bulb...and it was not right size...the piaggio bulb is smaller than a standard headlight bulb..... mad rush to halfrauds....also the bake light it was just one of the small push in running lights that was blown....

put it all together...cleaned it...checked it over before i set off for m.o.t and ....discovered.... just a tad tooooo much play in headrace bearing...sod it.. :(

i chanced it anyway and passed with advisory on headrace bearing....well pleased with that... :D