Just one small step....

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Re: Just one small step....

Post by kayz1 »

pikey wrote:Wow thats a big side step but they are fun .Im counting the days for tax and insurance to be up on my helix so can put my Vespa 200 GT on the road well done
You still have to run the tax and MOT off the one you got from me!! or have you cahed it in :lol: :lol: :lol: :kiss:

pikey

Post by pikey »

No comment LOL

mightbesane
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K4

Post by mightbesane »

I don't care whether the dealer was selling the scoot for someone else or not. It's an indication that the dealer isn't too concerned about his reputation. I hope the Vespa does well for you and that you get a kick out of scootering.
Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. ~Frank ZappaImage

pikey

Post by pikey »

A lot of dealers dont fully prep bikes till they are sold as its dead money and who would expect a low miles scoot to break down .Im sure a good service would sort this and a good warranty would give piece of mind. It is a lesson tho give your scoot a run thro the winter keep things moving even if its just a 30min trip on a dry day

Vimesy
Current Ride: BMW R1100S

Post by Vimesy »

I'm absolutely sure that once these niggling problems were sorted (and the price was reduced) that Burgman would be a great deal for someone. It would just always play on my mind and I couldn't buy with confidence.

The dealer was great. Incredibly embarrassed and apologetic - couldn't do enough to rectify the situation. Spent a long time with me, on a very busy Saturday, talking through what I wanted from a bike, my history, what tuned me on/off bikes etc. He offered an outstanding deal on a bike I would never have even considered but had more fun on in 2 hours than the last year on my Beemer. As a result he got a sale and I'll use them again. Win, win. 8-)

pikey

Post by pikey »

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Splendid Vimesy! Well done...and walking away is in my opinion probably the best bet. I'm pleased you found the GTS such a good bike, they are! You won't go wrong.The Burgman will cost someone money, they always do when any bike is laid up like that one has been. Water pump seals, fork seals, engine crankshaft seals to name just the main ones that I've had to replace for customers over the years because the bike has been laid up. I'm not necessarily referring to Burgmans either. It affects all bikes and car engines too. Dealers often don't like selling any bike that's been stored as they know only too well the problems that can manifest themselves. As Pikey says, a good warranty would help but the problem is unless you keep paying out on the warranty each year you will still end up with an engine that may well decide to end it's life early. Enjoy the GTS and keep posting to let us all know how your new bike is going.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Post by wozza »

Congrats on your new machine... Have you posted any pics yet?
SEAT MO

Vimesy
Current Ride: BMW R1100S

Post by Vimesy »

No, I won't pick it up for a week or so. Hopefully next weekend if I can swing it. 8-)

pikey

Post by pikey »

First thing to do with gts is rust prevention take glove box out and floor and treat the welded seams fit mudflap on front to prevent stone chips and rust proof underside non shinny stuff .If you search on gts forum or just ask