Panel cost.

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
2up
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K7

Panel cost.

Post by 2up »

Just curious really. I'm about to drill the top rear panel on my Burg 400 K7 to fit a top box mount. Does anybody know the replacement cost of the panel should I want to restore it at some later date, and does it come colour matched?

Thanks

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Re: Panel cost.

Post by Bluebottle »

Yes it comes colour matched

I don't know how much they cost - I negotiated one to be thrown in when I bought my bike because it didn't have one; it is a ZA so it had the backrest instead and I wasn't sure if I would fit a box or not (I haven't).

It is a long shot but if there may be some panels lying around from people who have fitted the Pax backrest.
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

bornagainbiker
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Post by bornagainbiker »

It looks like $80, so assume £80 here?

http://www.ronayers.com/Fiche/TypeID/5/ ... AME_COVER_

My local dealer has the exact same very low mileage K7 model as yours and the previous owner has taken the mount off, thus leaving the four holes in the panel. Not saying this could be a reason but It's been there for 6 months.

Keep the top box and leave the mount with the scooter when you sell it as it will be specific to the 400 anyway? I know the extra cost but selling both with the scooter can help any potential sale.
2018 Honda Forza 300 Daelim S3 Advance 250 Piaggio Fly 125 3v Burgman 650 L1 Burgman 400 K8

2up
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K7

Post by 2up »

Thanks guys for your interest.

Bornagain..it's not actually showing on your diagram. Are you referring to item 7 ? If so it's the panel that fits between that and the seat and it's not showing in the pics.

Mind you that $80 is a heck of a price for that bit!

Oh and I forgot-the top box i've got is a cheapie and the mounting plate is not available separately.