400 feet

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

400 feet

Post by Bluebottle »

Just idle curiosity

Do any 400 riders put there feet flat on the floorboards?

When I got mine I found the "cruiser" leg position (with my feet on the rising section behind the fairing) a bit wierd and I had my bum-stop as far back as it would go to get max. leg room.

However this position now feels totally natural and spacious even though I've moved the stop forward a notch or two.
I only use the floor now for a brief change of position if I'm getting a numb bum/back ache on a really long ride. It feels cramped and unnatural (perhaps why some bikers say the Burgman is cramped when I find it roomy?)

So, do you go cruiser or office desk? (if you go commando - please keep it to yourself)
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

2up
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K7

Re: 400 feet

Post by 2up »

In town or in traffic, feet flat and poised for quick stop. Out on the highway, feet forward.
Comes from riding Harleys :D My last couple of bikes were mid-controls and highway pegs. I could sit normal, stretch either leg individually or both together. Meant you could shift your rear all around the seat if you had the fidgets. Had forward controls on earlier bikes but had backache and they could be a real pain to balance on an uphill start.

halfabusa
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC750X DCT

Post by halfabusa »

i am so used to feet forward position on the scooters that i find it the best suited for me. I feel more in control and balanced when riding feet forward compared to keeping them downwards. I only change feet position if i get pain on my bum due to long rides. Also i get more wind chill on my knee caps if my feet are downwards.

The other thing with feet forward is on long rides, inner muscles on my legs get tired from trying to keep them straight after a while, because the natural position would be to open outwards.

The feet space on the 400 is much narrower than on the 650 and tmax, so when i first bought the 400, it felt weird cause half of my soles were outside of the area. I'm used to it now though, and i don't feel like i'm half way in the air.
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

Now i am the oppisite,i just dont like feet/forward riding,and b4 anyone says anything.I Did have a 400 suzuki burger 400.Bought it on the Monday rode it on the Pioneer run on the sunday.Didint like it on the monday and sold it 3 weeks later.Much perfer the Honda sh125 legs/feet postion its even better then the sh300i,got more room for my size 11,. :D
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

maxine500
Current Ride: T-Max Street Triple R

Post by maxine500 »

Tmax rider here. Always feet flat and forward lean, especially for tight twisties. Legs forced straight and forward when slowing down in a town to stretch the bod before sporty position resumed.

mightbesane
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K4

Post by mightbesane »

I very seldom pull my feet back out of the cruiser position. I probably would in town if they'd let us filter here in the Colonies. But they don't.
Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. ~Frank ZappaImage

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Feet foward mostly all the time in town or cruising. I've long legs, and extended position works well for me.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

GTscootz
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by GTscootz »

Feet forward all the time, even in my small town. Not sure if that would change if I were to be riding through a proper city

Regards the feet naturally turning out, I seem to recall Julian Bond mentioned in a very early T&G that he placed a pencil underneath the outer edge of each rubber mat, therefore keeping his feet where he wanted them...

halfabusa
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC750X DCT

Post by halfabusa »

that's very interesting, but i don't think burgman mats would allow that, since half of my feet are already sticking out anyway. For the pencil trick to work, whole of my foot sole needs to be inside the boards, so that the outer edge would stop them coming out.

I was thinking of a bungee hook around my legs on long journeys. Flexible enough to open my legs by force, if i need to stop and put feet on ground, but also supportive enough to pull the legs together.
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

GTscootz
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by GTscootz »

Ithink the idea behind it was that the floormats would slope inwards due to the pencil underneath, rather than the pencil creating a ridge to prevent feet sticking out??

Therefore your legs would naturally roll inwards???