Piaggios Attitude

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
pikey

Re: Piaggios Attitude

Post by pikey »

If you ring flowers have vin no handy they always ask

jamie
Benefactor
Current Ride: sport city 300 .. gtr 1400

Post by jamie »

still own a sym shark 125 bought new in 2002 and is used daily for shop deliveries .. never waited more than 5 days for parts

had an x8 400 for 2 years and now an xevo 400. longest i waited was for an ignition barrel when a scroat tried to pinch it . ordered on a monday ... fitted thursday

only ever had problems with suzuki i bought a k7 burgman when they first came out and in the 7 ish months i owned it it spent 3 months waiting for various parts under warranty ... i wouldnt buy another suzuki ..

masterchop
Current Ride: Burgman K3 400

Post by masterchop »

GTscootz wrote:As all Piaggio parts come through Fowlers of Bristol, why not contact them and ask if they have one in stock, and if they don't, ask when one could be expected if ordered now??
Thanks ill I've that a go. Didn't know about fowlers.
Single cylinder rumbler

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

Cancel it and do what I did with my Nexus digi display, cut the two ends of the dodgy wire and replace it with similar wiring straight from point a to point b.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

masterchop

Post by masterchop »

I would do funky but at the moment I'm not sure what wire is doing it. The obvious has already been looked at.
Single cylinder rumbler

masterchop

Post by masterchop »

P.s can you please give me your t-max for nothing. Just to see me smile.
Single cylinder rumbler

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

no :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

I think their attitude filters down to the dealers too. I road tested a Beverly 350 with less than 100 miles on the clock last year and the damn thing broke down half a dozen times while on test. Mentioned it to the dealer when I got back and he all but called me a liar. Didn't buy one.
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

Mr Angry

Post by Mr Angry »

halfabusa wrote:don't you people ever sleep???!?!!
Morpheus and I don't get on. :lol:

I wasn't kidding about the loom, during the X9 days I was reliably informed that they were contracted out to small businesses and no two were the same. The main reason I got rid of my SL was an untraceable wiring fault that led to battery discharge.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

I have experience of getting parts for Suzuki and Honda. Both companies are brilliant with most stuff available the next day if the dealer doesn't have it in stock and if it's urgently needed. But depends when you order it. If done before midday then it is usually there the next day or if it's not urgent it'll be on the weekly delivery. That's not counting weekends of course. My Suzuki dealer, Orwell Motorcycles told me they stopped selling Piaggio products due to the very poor support from Piaggio regarding spares and warranty payments. Piaggio only pay for half of the repair cost if it's warranty leaving the dealer to pick up the rest of the expense. They appear to have had a lot of warranty claims all the time and a lot of unhappy customers.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...