piaggio x evo

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
andyscooter
Benefactor
Current Ride: gilera runner vxr200

piaggio x evo

Post by andyscooter »

Am looking at x evos at the moment but all seem to dae miles away so cant sit on one but seat is the same height as the vespa

Has any one got any ideahow tall the screen is

Im 5foot 5 would I be looking over it or through it
i was an atheist until i realised i am god
Remember its a speed limit not a target

gilera runner vxr200 (chavped)

martb4632
Benefactor
Current Ride: LML Star 150 4 Stroke

Re: piaggio x evo

Post by martb4632 »

I had a X8 400 which as you know is more or less the same bike as a X evo. I'm a fairly tall chap at 6ft 1" and the standard screen was a bit low for me and I got a lot of wind buffeting so I bought a Givi screen which was pretty much spot on.

I would imagine at your height you would be looking just over the screen but its not too hard to cut it down an inch or 2 if necessary.
I regret that I sold my X8 400 as it was a cracking bike especially for motorways or dual carriageways where it could more than hold its own with the faster traffic :)

rintintin
Benefactor
Current Ride: HONDA Forza 300

Post by rintintin »

I'll probably be just as helpful as Meldrew, but if it's a standard OEM screen, I would think (unless you have very long legs and a short body!)
you would be fine to see over it. I used to have an Xevo, (and 5' 9'') and the standard screen was far too low for me.
"TO BE IS TO DO" (Kant) .................. "TO DO IS TO BE" (Nietzsche) ................."DO BE DO BE DO" (Sinatra)

jamie
Benefactor
Current Ride: sport city 300 .. gtr 1400

Post by jamie »

martb4632 wrote:I had a X8 400 which as you know is more or less the same bike as a X evo. I'm a fairly tall chap at 6ft 1" and the standard screen was a bit low for me and I got a lot of wind buffeting so I bought a Givi screen which was pretty much spot on.

I would imagine at your height you would be looking just over the screen but its not too hard to cut it down an inch or 2 if necessary.
I regret that I sold my X8 400 as it was a cracking bike especially for motorways or dual carriageways where it could more than hold its own with the faster traffic :)
+1 cant part with mine had it a few years now been spot on

rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Post by rtfm »

jamie wrote:
martb4632 wrote:I had a X8 400 which as you know is more or less the same bike as a X evo. I'm a fairly tall chap at 6ft 1" and the standard screen was a bit low for me and I got a lot of wind buffeting so I bought a Givi screen which was pretty much spot on.

+1 cant part with mine had it a few years now been spot on
+2 Xevo has been good in all weathers with or without a pillion, reliable and cheap to run. I'm 6" 2 and am way over the screen. It's a very noisy screen so I wear ear plugs all the time. I just couldn't bring myself to buy one of those huge Givi monstrosities and if you ride lots you're better off with ear plugs anyway.

monty9120

Post by monty9120 »

im 6 foot 2 my x8 400 was far too cramped i hated riding it to be honest the nexus is alot better
GILERA NEXUS 250

jamie
Benefactor
Current Ride: sport city 300 .. gtr 1400

Post by jamie »

strange how we all differ im 6.3 and i find it the comfiest bike ive ridden have changed the screen though