Burgman 400 L0 Not starting up, trains for me today

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Re: Burgman 400 L0 Not starting up, trains for me today

Post by horobags »

The majority of electrical problems can be within the loom, not just a plug cap, ht lead/coil connection. On maxi, s tuppaware removal adds time to the job. Checking wiring with a multi meter, a rusty or bad connection, or output pressure on a fuel pump can be daunting to a DIY'er.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

ridinhigh
Current Ride: GTS 300

Post by ridinhigh »

its maybe not wise to wash it during freezing weather ,i know you want to get the salt off,but the water you use is going to freeze,

i really hope its something simple for you, feel sure it will turn out to be a good bike

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

halfabusa wrote:shame they discontinued it. It's a hard to replace bike and very very underrated. Decent examples around for around £4200ish. Not far off from what i can sell this one at. Roll on spring...
Check the Honda NC700 as this is effectively replacing Deauville, Dave already has one (surprise surprise) and with 75+ mpg, 8k service interval & helmet storage it is an ideal commute tool though clearly not quite the standard carrying capacity of the Deauville.

Already lightly used ones around circa 4-4.5k
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Hi Halfabusa, sorry to hear of further issues. But the frozen interlock switches on back and front brakes are a fairly common thing on any bike stored outside in very cold conditions if there is moisture about. It's not really a fault as such but just something that shouldn't happen. If you see what I mean. If you use bar end muffs it's more likely to happen as moisture can form on the switches or even ingress into the switches. Haven't had this on any of my bikes but I know plenty of people who have suffered from it on all sorts of machines. Normally if you breath hard on the switch it will free ok as you operate it, or just take hold of the switch and warm it between your fingers and it will work. Hot water not always a good idea on these switches. Deauville, really good bike but being quite tall it was very uncomfortable for me and the reason I bought a DL1000GT Suzi which had much more leg room for my long legs. ;)
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

pikey

Post by pikey »

He'll be back in love when the snows gone