New Burgman 400 for £4499!

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
bigk
Current Ride: super 10

New Burgman 400 for £4499!

Post by bigk »

Just seen new Burgman 400's for sale on Ebay at various dealers for £4499. Seems like quite a steal.
But does this mean that the 400's are on their way out or is it that times are hard out there for dealers?
Any thoughts?

halfabusa
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC750X DCT

Re: New Burgman 400 for £4499!

Post by halfabusa »

those ones you mention are advertised as L1 or L2 so although brand new, they are not current year's models (as if that makes any difference :))) )

So a good price indeed, but not the actual 2013 model for that price...
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Post by Bluebottle »

There are strong rumours that a new 400 is on the way. Maybe they are claring the decks for that?

A muppet (sorry can't remember wh it was) posted a reply they had recieved saying that there would be a new 650 followed by a new 400 the year after - which backed up what has been said on a couple of other sites, I think Scooter Station reported they had been told the same thing by a Suzi exec at some bash they had been to.
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

bigk

Post by bigk »

Ah, well spotted! Seems like a lot of scooter for the money. I also see that 400 Majesty's are going for
more sensible money !

bigk

Post by bigk »

Yes, Bluebottle, you are probably right. That would no doubt be the logical explanation so a good buy for something
that is a proven maxi. I think that it is always best to buy the last of the line at a bargain price than to be unofficial
tester on the first run of the latest incarnation.

bigk

Post by bigk »

I'm quite tempted by one of these but would really prefer the abs version. However, they are a lot more expensive new and quite rare secondhand.
Also (and yes, I know they don't have abs on them) has anybody had/tried the 400 Majesty as well as the Burgman? How do they compare for performance, room etc?
I am 6ft 4 so need plenty of room!
Any advice or thoughts appreciated

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Hi Bigk, yes I've ridden the Maj and I own the Burgman 400z abs. I'm 6'2" with long legs. I found the Maj lacking in knee room and this proved awkward around town unless you ride feet forward all the time. Even then it felt noticeably short of stretch room for me. So, not really a critiscm of the bike, it was good. Just too small for me. The Burgman has more room for most people, and dare I say, is probably one of the more roomy bikes, even when compared to some six fiddies and six hundreds. But it's different for everyone. We are all different in the size of our bits and some won't notice it as much as I did. I go all over the country on my Burgman in complete comfort and I'm often in the saddle for 2-3 hours at a time non stop. I don't even get a sore bum as I have plenty of room to move around in. ;)
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

bigk

Post by bigk »

Thanks for that, Data. That's really helpful. I have a 34" inside leg and may be in danger of hitting the bars on a scooter if there is not enough room for my legs.
I agree that it is important to be comfortable (at the tender age of 59 and with a creaky back it is doubly important). I also note that you have the abs model.
I must admit that I try to go for abs models if they are available because I think they give you great peace of mind. I have rarely had the abs come on on any bike
I have owned but it only takes one emergency stop to prove its worth.
Thanks again for your advice.
Bigk

halfabusa
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC750X DCT

Post by halfabusa »

I would recommend an ABS model if you can find, even i was looking for one but couldn't resist a great bargain when i found my current 400. I did have a fall on my tmax mk1 on wet roads when i had to do an emergency brake and i had first hand experience of not having ABS on a bike then...
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Bigk, the abs is very important to me too now. Last summer I had a very near miss with a deer like creature whilst on a country 'A' road at 60mph. Without the abs, I would have been in A&E for sure, and maybe the undertakers!! As it was, I was shaken but not stirred...and thanking the day I bought the one with digital abs. It kicked into action straight away allowing me to steer with maximum braking pressure. I missed the deer by about an inch and that's no exageration. It's the only time in over 40 years of riding I've ever had an experience like it on a bike. I know I would have hit it without the abs at about 55mph...life changing stuff probably if I'd survived.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...